What's your enneagram of personality?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Goli, May 24, 2010.

May 24, 2010
  1. Goli
    OP

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    So my aunt lent me a book about enneagrams, I had never heard about this before, and decided to take a look into it...
    Before I knew it I was answering this really long test to determine my enneagram, and even though I did it just for fun since I was thinking "I dunno why I'm doing this since I know it won't be accurate and probably will be in fact a bunch of crap", the results were SCARILY accurate.
    In fact I got goosebumps when I was reading the results since it was almost like someone had jacked into my mind and had taken everything I think or have thought, the way I act and other things and wrote them on a book. the one I got was number four, The Individualist, I don't have the book with me right now since I alredy returned it but a quick google search reveals many things that were on that book about my number, and in consequence... about me:
    http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/typefour.asp
    Everything, and I mean everything written there is true for me or has been true at least once in my life.
    It's quite an interesting read actually, according to my test results I'm a bohemian individualist, since I have a 5 wing, and I'd say my health level shifts between 2 when I'm at my prime, 3-4 on a common day, 5-6 when I'm a bit down or sad and 7-8 when I'm really really sad or frustrated.
    Anyways I thought I'd share it with you people, and now I want to know, what is your number?
    EDIT: huh, the link redirects here for some reason. so I had to write the url there.

2. exangel

Member exangel executioner angel

United States
    I was a tie between Type Two and Type Nine:

Type Two
    The Helper
    The caring, interpersonal type. Twos are empathetic, sincere, and warm-hearted. They are friendly, generous, and self-sacrificing, but can also be sentimental, flattering, and people-pleasing. They are well-meaning and driven to be close to others, but can slip into doing things for others in order to be needed. They typically have problems with possessiveness and with acknowledging their own needs. At their Best: unselfish and altruistic, they have unconditional love for others.

Type Nine
    The Peacemaker
    The easy-going, self-effacing type. Nines are accepting, trusting, and stable. They are usually grounded, supportive, and often creative, but can also be too willing to go along with others to keep the peace. They want everything to go smoothly and be without conflict, but they can also tend to be complacent and emotionally distant, simplifying problems and ignoring anything upsetting. They typically have problems with inertia and stubbornness. At their Best: indomitable and all- embracing, they are able to bring people together and heal conflicts.

Which, on the surface, makes me think I'm sincere but fairly useless. I love the use of the term inertia in the description of Type Nine.

3. Getting_Better

Newcomer Getting_Better Advanced Member

Canada
    I got a tie between Five and Nine.

Type Five in Brief

Fives are alert, insightful, and curious. They are able to concentrate and focus on developing complex ideas and skills. Independent, innovative, and inventive, they can also become preoccupied with their thoughts and imaginary constructs. They become detached, yet high-strung and intense. They typically have problems with eccentricity, nihilism, and isolation. At their Best: visionary pioneers, often ahead of their time, and able to see the world in an entirely new way.

* Basic Fear: Being useless, helpless, or incapable
    * Basic Desire: To be capable and competent
    * Enneagram Five with a Four-Wing: "The Iconoclast"
    * Enneagram Five with a Six-Wing: "The Problem Solver"

Key Motivations: Want to possess knowledge, to understand the environment, to have everything figured out as a way of defending the self from threats from the environment.

Type Nine in Brief

Nines are accepting, trusting, and stable. They are usually creative, optimistic, and supportive, but can also be too willing to go along with others to keep the peace. They want everything to go smoothly and be without conflict, but they can also tend to be complacent, simplifying problems and minimizing anything upsetting. They typically have problems with inertia and stubbornness. At their Best: indomitable and all-embracing, they are able to bring people together and heal conflicts.

* Basic Fear: Of loss and separation
    * Basic Desire: To have inner stability "peace of mind"
    * Enneagram Nine with an Eight-Wing: "The Referee"
    * Enneagram Nine with a One-Wing: "The Dreamer"

Key Motivations: Want to create harmony in their environment, to avoid conflicts and tension, to preserve things as they are, to resist whatever would upset or disturb them.

I don't even know what to make of this.

4. Demonbart

Member Demonbart GBATemp's guitar hero

Netherlands
    I'm a tie between five and six, but for what I've read that's not like me at all.

5. Trulen

Member Trulen GBAtemp Fan

United States
    "or has been true at least once in my life"

People live a long time, and have many experiences. They go through many personality changes.

Folks aren't as shallow as you think. Personalities are broad, and therefore, these tests hit a nail on the head.
    People merely think they're accurate due to the longevity and the "scientific" appearence.

I call shenanigans on all personality tests. I refuse to believe I have a shallow personality. I'm a broad and open-minded invidividual, which encompasses any personality trait I want it to.

That being said, I'ma go take this test like it's a guilty pleasure. HURR HURR HURR.

Edit: Took two different tests.
    Everything was tied except, "Hypersensitivity"

6. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Type 1 -> 5
    Type 2 -> 1
    Type 3 -> 4
    Type 4 -> 4
    Type 5 -> 7
    Type 6 -> 4
    Type 7 -> 3
    Type 8 -> 4
    Type 9 -> 4

So, I guess I'm mostly type 5.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Interesting read. It's all mostly true.

7. GH0ST

Member GH0ST Your Hero is a Ghost

France
    It is based on Gurdjieff work

I'm tied on five types. A motionless enneagram is a dead symbol; the living symbol is in motion.( P.D. Ouspensky)

8. giratina16

Member giratina16 Born This Way

United Kingdom
  9. Goli
    OP

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    I don't think people go through personality changes, rather, they develop their own, if someone did change his/her personality, I'd think that they either don't have one to begin with and are in search for it or they have some disorder of some kind.

I do think people are shallow, but maybe that's just a (wrong?) impression I get.

And I don't think these is accurate due to "scientific" appearance, I think it's accurate because like I said "Everything, and I mean everything written there is true for me or has been true at least once in my life", what I mean is that I use to do some things written there but I don't anymore because I realized how silly they were, but many of the other things I written there I do um, do, but it's not like I'm guiding myself in how I should act by reading these kind of things, I did them before I knew about this, but I guess it helps knowing there's other people like me somewhere (?), even if I don't know them, even though I'd like to, but I probably never will... I guess that's just me and my imagination.
    Also I'd like to add I'm quite dubious about the results of online tests, I haven't taken any 'cuz the one I took was on the book, like I also stated before, which is more believable in my opinion.