What's wrong with Wifi?

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by Scorpin200, May 12, 2006.

May 12, 2006

What's wrong with Wifi? by Scorpin200 at 10:57 AM (1,388 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. Scorpin200
    OP

Banned Scorpin200 Iceman

United States
    Im sure im not the the onlyone who goes online to find a challenge only to be disconnected at the last second the match is about to start, and the main game notorious for this is tetris. Nintendo needs to do something to change this faulty wifi service, because stuff like this was bound to happend sooner or later as a result of this randon search crap. I think too many brats come online just for the fact that they can ruin a game by login off at the last second disconnecting a whole match thinking it's funny, and this is the the only online service that i ever has a problem like this before. The reason is too many few players that can compete together, and there is no matchup room just a randon selection option for all the games still. What the hell would it hurt to include this?not only would it help rid the net of these garbage players, but add some sort of varity by letting people choose who they can play or want to play. Just like real online matches it should have a rooms with the players with info like a profile, and something that shows who is most likely to disconnect during a game.

2. HelloKitty

Member HelloKitty GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hmm.. I really dont have any disconnection problems like that.. I play tetris all the time...
    maybe its your router? [​IMG]

3. MC DUI

Member MC DUI GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    They should do something like Xbox LIVE, the way you can message friends to play games and only play with people you have added as friends is really great.

Personally I've never had the problems you are describing with Tetris, I used to get dropped all the time with Mario Kart, but I can play Tetris no problem. But overall I agree the system isn't that great, and I don't really buy Nintendo's excuses for not putting in a more extensive system.

4. kristianity77

Member kristianity77 GBATemp old fogey

United Kingdom
    I used to get dropped all the time when i was connecting via my router and it was annoying. But now i got my hands on the Nintendo WIFI adapter i have NEVER been disconnected even once. And were talking about 400 online games of tetris and maybe even more so in mario kart. I think alot of the time its got to be down to the router. My answer? If you dont want these problems, get the USB wifi adapter, works great for me every time without fail

5. Scorpin200
    OP

Banned Scorpin200 Iceman

United States
    Dropped i never said anything like that what i was talking about is that it's tetris mainly that this happens with if one person quits then the whole match is shot, and people know this it's just being done as someones lil game.Winning eleven please arrive then maybe we can get a game where real players can play only [​IMG] , and I have the best kind of router more than enough to handle nintendo's online service anyday. It's just their online interface that sucks, and when they fix that then there should be no problems since right now nobody seems to by playing much games with wifi.

6. FSSimon

Member FSSimon GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I agree with Scorpin200. This happens to me also. Only in 4 players matches in Tetris. Really ruins the fun. I have a standard router. Not usb adapter.

It's the dark side of nintendo's online gaming policy, I guess. They must be really afraid of lawsuits or making the news with some sordid stories involving animal crossing and child molesting.

7. Scorpin200
    OP

Banned Scorpin200 Iceman

United States
    Yes well i wouldn't go that far with some of that stuff it's mostly, cause people like to curse online alot Unfortunatly there's nothin any company can do about that without taking out part of what makes multiplayer competitive.

8. WK416

Member WK416 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I feel obligated to point out the positive side of this. People disconnecting from your game usually means that you intimidate them. [​IMG]

9. Deaddy

Member Deaddy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Someone disconnected on me in Mario Kart because I was whupping their ass and I think it added a loss to my record. That sucks!

10. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    Nintendo Wifi Connection sucks royally. I'd rather have to pay a yearly subscription if we were to get the kind of infustructure that Xbox Live has.

If I wanted random faceless matches I would have just played against the CPU. Actually the CPU is more preferable as it wont disconnect on you.

Knowing I'm going to have to use Friend Codes on my Wii annoys me as well.

/rant

anywho, WFC sux [​IMG] But I guess you get what you payed for and seeing as how you didn't pay anything...

11. Scorpin200
    OP

Banned Scorpin200 Iceman

United States
    Well it's not bad there just are no games available to take advantage of it, and if there were more games that were more flexible that you can play in a short space of time i doin't think it would be a problem. Yeah i wouldn't mind paying $5 or so a month as long as it's made right, and this fall more games are comming out that's more oritated for ds like winning 11. Till then i'll hold judgement, so we'll see how far it's come by then. [​IMG]

12. lunarlawrence

Newcomer lunarlawrence Member

United States
    you can try to get closer to the access point.

13. Retal

Member Retal GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Wireless sucks at a fundamental level. Even microwaves and hundreds of other casual household devices interfere with your Internets packets. There's not much you can do about it. Also, do not become one of those idiots that buys wireless mice or keyboards.