What's wrong with my ROM of KH 358/2 Days?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Inunah, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Inunah
    OP

Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

Banned
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    USA
    I got the U ROM of KH 358/2 Days, and I haven't used it since I switched from YSmenu to Wood R4. Today, I go to play it, and IT'S IN FRICKEN JAPANESE!!!!!!!!

What the frick happened to my ROM? Do I have to redownload it?

EDIT: No$Zoomer also plays it in Japanese!
    EDIT 2: My backup of the ROM, which hasn't been touched since I put it on my computer when the ROM on my DS was the U ROM, is ALSO in Japanese!!!!!
    EDIT 3: How does a U ROM with no support for a non-English language turn into the J ROM with no support for a non-Japanese language? Also, does it make a difference that my copy of the ROM may have that one patch it needed in YSmenu?
    EDIT 4: This made me think of that song "I think i'm turning Japanese". XD

2. tijntje_7

tijntje_7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 26, 2008
    Netherlands
    Under your bed
    Try to download a different rom (different site)
    Or from a different country (europe for example) < It's the same
    Patch it... If it would still be in japanese o...0
    Try a different patch maybe? Check filetrip.
    Altough I don't think you couldn't think of that yourself >.>
    I'm not really helpful probably [​IMG]

Ah well... Good luck though [​IMG]

3. Inunah
    OP

Banned
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    USA
    Okay, when I originally got the ROM, I had to patch it for it to work with my R4 and YSMenu combo. It was the U ROM when I played it, and it was all fine and dandy. It only turned into the J ROM after I got Wood R4 as my firmware.

I wouldn't need a patch any longer, since Wood R4 makes it playable without a patch, I'm assuming, since Wood R4 apparently only runs clean games. (It runs my patched version of DBBDX and it ran the patched version of KH 358/2 Days (U? J? We don't know!)... So I'm not sure.)
    Also, I don't like EUR games. I keep hearing they run like 10-20fps slower than U games.

I'm downloading a new U version of the game, just to check if it fucks itself up by putting it on my cart. If it does, i'm abandoning the game, keeping the save, and getting a different game. XD

EDIT: I LOL'd. The well known site that distributes ROMs named the ROM Kingdom Hearts 368/2 Days, when it's supposed to say Kingdom Dearts 358/2 Days. XD I was almost fooled.
    EDIT 2: Well... It works.

AND I'M STILL REMINDED OF THAT SONG "I THINK I'M TURNING JAPANESE"!!!! XD

4. Overlord Nadrian

Overlord Nadrian Banned

Banned
    Jul 28, 2008
    Belgium
    Riviera
    I have no idea what happened, but that just sounds impossible. You must have accidentally switched files.

5. Inunah
    OP

Banned
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    USA
    The only times i've downloaded KH 358/2 Days is the first time and right after I made this topic. And I had downloaded the U ROM.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice