What's wrong with my ROM of KH 358/2 Days?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Inunah, Apr 29, 2010.

Apr 29, 2010
  1. Inunah
    OP

Banned Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

United States
    I got the U ROM of KH 358/2 Days, and I haven't used it since I switched from YSmenu to Wood R4. Today, I go to play it, and IT'S IN FRICKEN JAPANESE!!!!!!!!

What the frick happened to my ROM? Do I have to redownload it?

EDIT: No$Zoomer also plays it in Japanese!
    EDIT 2: My backup of the ROM, which hasn't been touched since I put it on my computer when the ROM on my DS was the U ROM, is ALSO in Japanese!!!!!
    EDIT 3: How does a U ROM with no support for a non-English language turn into the J ROM with no support for a non-Japanese language? Also, does it make a difference that my copy of the ROM may have that one patch it needed in YSmenu?
    EDIT 4: This made me think of that song "I think i'm turning Japanese". XD

2. tijntje_7

Member tijntje_7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Try to download a different rom (different site)
    Or from a different country (europe for example) < It's the same
    Patch it... If it would still be in japanese o...0
    Try a different patch maybe? Check filetrip.
    Altough I don't think you couldn't think of that yourself >.>
    I'm not really helpful probably [​IMG]

Ah well... Good luck though [​IMG]

3. Inunah
    OP

United States
    Okay, when I originally got the ROM, I had to patch it for it to work with my R4 and YSMenu combo. It was the U ROM when I played it, and it was all fine and dandy. It only turned into the J ROM after I got Wood R4 as my firmware.

I wouldn't need a patch any longer, since Wood R4 makes it playable without a patch, I'm assuming, since Wood R4 apparently only runs clean games. (It runs my patched version of DBBDX and it ran the patched version of KH 358/2 Days (U? J? We don't know!)... So I'm not sure.)
    Also, I don't like EUR games. I keep hearing they run like 10-20fps slower than U games.

I'm downloading a new U version of the game, just to check if it fucks itself up by putting it on my cart. If it does, i'm abandoning the game, keeping the save, and getting a different game. XD

EDIT: I LOL'd. The well known site that distributes ROMs named the ROM Kingdom Hearts 368/2 Days, when it's supposed to say Kingdom Dearts 358/2 Days. XD I was almost fooled.
    EDIT 2: Well... It works.

AND I'M STILL REMINDED OF THAT SONG "I THINK I'M TURNING JAPANESE"!!!! XD

4. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    I have no idea what happened, but that just sounds impossible. You must have accidentally switched files.

5. Inunah
    OP

United States
    The only times i've downloaded KH 358/2 Days is the first time and right after I made this topic. And I had downloaded the U ROM.