Hacking What's wrong with my Acekard 2i?

Kacee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is my Acekard 2i after update to firmware 1.4 compatible BIOS.

I followed the instruction to the letter, well it's so simple anyway...

- Copy AKAIO kernel onto the microSD card.
- Copy the update nds file
- Plug the Acekard in my DSi (firmware 1.3E)
- Run the nds file
- Press START
- Wait until progression indicator says 100% and tell me to reset the DS
- Wait for 5 secs more
- Reset the DSi

And now it shows up as attached picture, what's wrong here?

I'm sure there is something wrong with it, tried to unplug & replug, clean the contacts (which is pointless IMHO, brand spanking new card shouldn't need its contacts cleaned)...

I'm pretty p*ssed right now, nearly a month wait for the package >.<

voz6790.jpg

And this is what happen if I try to start the card...

voz6791.jpg

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
Which update file did you use?
DSL or DSi? - there are two in an archive - one (DSL) which is possible to run on DS Lite/DS and second (DSi) which runs on DSi (FW1.3 or lower)...

Do you have already updated FW of your DSi to 1.4, or still having 1.3?

Kacee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm 100% positive that I ran the DSi file, the update file is still on the microSD card and I copied only that file onto it.

My DSi is at firmware 1.3E, otherwise I wouldn't be able to start AKAIO and ran the update file. It still at 1.3E now.

I have contacted Acekard team and DealExtreme where I ordered the card, don't know if they will replace the dead card. Well it's not DOA, but still, I bought the card just so I can update my DSi to 1.4 and hopefully for upcoming firmwares.

Update:

I have tried to "recover" the card by hotflashing but no luck.

I put in another Acekard 2i (I ordered 3, for me and my two friends) ran the update file, when it tell me to press START to begin the update process, I unplug the good card and plug in the "bad" card then press START.

It gives out error message "Card error, reset your DS and try again"

Update 2:

As I said, I ordered 3 Acekard 2i and I updated the other two the same way I did as posted above and none of them have any problem afterward. Unlucky me
frown.gif

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
To update -> Start the update... on the first screen (unplug your card and put it back and after that press b to continue...) - when you unplug the good-fixed-card, put there the one you cant start... and press B... it could run the update...

You put the card too late... (mean too far in fix instalation)

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Kacee said:
I'm sure there is something wrong with it, tried to unplug & replug, clean the contacts (which is pointless IMHO, brand spanking new card shouldn't need its contacts cleaned)...Actually I've seen several new Acekard 2's with dirty contacts, it's probably micro dust from manufacturing process, but they don't clean them up before they package them. My Acekard was no different, I had to clean up the contacts otherwise it would just refuse to work (I would get random freezes while playing).

QUOTE(Kacee @ Jan 4 2010, 05:14 PM) As I said, I ordered 3 Acekard 2i and I updated the other two the same way I did as posted above and none of them have any problem afterward. Unlucky me
frown.gif
IT's probably a defective cart. It happens, and nobody is immune to this problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."