What's with cheaters?

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by khan, Jul 22, 2007.

1. khan
    OP

khan GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 17, 2003
    Pakistan
    Last week, I started playing MKDS/Pro Evo online and these games are full of cheaters online, whilst it is better in Pro evo but MKDS is almost unplayable because they would do the following:

1) Just when you think you have beaten them, they somehow speed up and win out of nowhere (snaking)

2) Ok, so even if you beat them, they instantly disconnect before stats are updated with wins/loses after 4 races

3) Some even disconnect during the game when they see themselves doing bad

The worst thing is that they can not take that they lose, but they WILL continue playing as long as they are winning.

Cheaters FTL.

2. wovva

wovva Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2006
    It's Nintendo's job to do something about it. On PES XBox live quitters automatically lost the game, and stats went to the player that remained connected.

3. IainDS

IainDS GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    I read somewhere that if someone disconnects, you sitll get the win.

4. kersplatty

kersplatty GBAtemp Regular

May 23, 2006
    United States
    Well metroid cheaters get kicked and i think pokemon cheaters are banned, thats about as much as they're doing but im sure the cheat prevention will get better

5. adgloride

adgloride Its A Wii Wario

Apr 2, 2003
    You would have thought nintendo would have done something about this ages ago. The easy solution would have been to have something on the original games so you can't use a slot 1 solution online.

6. Monkey01

Monkey01 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 27, 2006
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    Yea, that would solve a lot, cause only slot1 flacharts can do snaking and disconnecting when losing. [​IMG]

Also snaking is not cheating, it's just taking advantage of the boost you normally can get in the corners on straight roads...

7. HBK

HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Mar 30, 2007
    Portugal
    Not true, where did you read the snaking and DCing only on S1 devices?! [​IMG]

And snaking is not cheating, I second that.

8. acky

acky GBAtemp Regular

Oct 10, 2006
    Sarcasm?

9. Retal

Retal GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 20, 2007
    England              Sex: Daily
    rofl, sarcasm fails on the Internet yet again.

10. lanleague

lanleague GBAtemp Regular

Mar 4, 2007
    United States
    Snaking isn't really cheating, it's a Mario Kart skill.

11. Vapourstreak

Vapourstreak GBAtemp Regular

Mar 27, 2007
    Canada
    Richmond, BC, Canada
    yeah, but disconnecting is. I never disconnect when im losing badly. i just play around. liek going reverse and other stuff. what really pisses me off is i'm losing really badly in one race, i dont quit, but in hte next race, against the same person, i was about to win, and they disconnect.

12. calvin_0

calvin_0 GBAtemp Regular

May 23, 2007
    Malaysia
    its the same in Yu-Gi-Oh WC 2007, full with DCer and ARer...its there any where we can complain about this?

13. .::5pYd3r::.

.::5pYd3r::. Viva La Pizza

Jun 2, 2007
    The GREAT Southern Land :D
    snaking isn't cheating but its still annoying

14. tipsy

tipsy GBAtemp Regular

Jun 30, 2007
    Switzerland
    I know it's like that for Tetris DS.

15. Pigwooly

Pigwooly GBAtemp Fan

May 1, 2007
    United States
    A skill that ruins the spirit and fun of the game. It's no fun to just slide the entire way down the course. I refuse to do it not on the principle that it's cheating, but on the principle that it makes me not enjoy the game.

16. CSD

CSD GBAtemp Regular

Jul 24, 2007
    United States
    Nintendo's official stance on this is that snaking was a conscious decision on their part that provides an advantage in races. So no, it's definitely not cheating.

However, I'm sure it's annoying as people have constantly bitched and moaned about this for way too long. I wouldn't know, having never played online and only played the offline game two times.

And as has been mentioned above, disconnecting results in a loss, at least according to the games I play.

By the way, I did not know Pro Evolution had online play. I'm going to check it out now.

17. thegame07

thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 16, 2006
    If you ever want someone to play you at pro give me a pm [​IMG]

18. test84

test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Sep 8, 2006
    Iran
    Iran, Tehran.
    maybe if we sign an online petition?

19. squeaks

squeaks GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2007

Turning your DS off to DC will result in a lost in your stats. However, what they do is pull the plug on the router or go to the fartherst corner and lose the router signal to DC. This doesn't result in a lost. Sad.

20. CSD

CSD GBAtemp Regular

Jul 24, 2007
    United States
    I did not know that, squeaks. Interesting. And yes, very sad.

Will do. I tried it just now, and it was slow. Unbearably slow. So slow, in fact, that I had to disconnect. I hope it wasn't khan I was playing.