Whats up with youtube?

Ringo619

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone having any problems with youtube? i mean like just going to the website it does't load the site, and then 20 mins or so later the site is back up again , tried different browsers and computers, its been like this for a while no idea, maybe cause of youtubes new movie thing or something? any one having this??

I did't post this in the computer section cause i am not looking to solve anything just see who else is having this problem

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
This happened once for me. The page's layout went crazy and all the formatting disappeared. The video was just a black box that never loaded or did anything besides sit there. Nothing was working. I refreshed a couple of times and nothing happened, but after I waited a minute it righted itself.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No problem here. Its probably your browser/computer.

For a while, I coudnt go full screen on youtube when using my laptop. Whenever I went fullscreen, sound worked but the screen was black. Uninstalled firefox, updated flash etc etc, it didnt get fixed.
All the sudden its working fine now lol.

Kimimaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, every once in a while a Youtube video will turn into big, green pixels and go mute if I try watching it on Firefox or Chrome. It stays like that no matter how many times I refresh the page and I can only watch it if I copy and paste the url into Internet Explorer.
I always wondered what caused it, but I never bothered to look into it.

I use a Toshiba laptop, by the way.

OmegaVesko

Trophies
XP
Country
Nope, never happened to me. Except the hooorribly slow loading times, but I blame my ISP for that.

And Kimimaro, uhh.. "Toshiba laptop" isn't very descriptive.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
For the page formatting fucking up, it's the servers that host the style sheets and such that aren't loading (and also the JS that includes the video).

For the video going green and such, uninstall flash...
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html
Then reinstall it, and update your video drivers by downloading the latest from the company's site.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Hey, most people don't know this stuff, no worries.

http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/su...TC40136300C.exe

Download and run that, if it installs restart and see if the issue's fixed. If it won't install because it says it can't find a compatible display or something like that, tell me and I'll give you the other version.

Kimimaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Hey, most people don't know this stuff, no worries.

http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/su...TC40136300C.exe

Download and run that, if it installs restart and see if the issue's fixed. If it won't install because it says it can't find a compatible display or something like that, tell me and I'll give you the other version.

Downloading now, thank you very much!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Had two cheeseburgers and a coke to fuel me up.