What's up with Monster Hunter 3 freezing after I hit new game?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Shinigami Kiba, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Shinigami Kiba
    OP

Member Shinigami Kiba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
    Sorry, I've been out of the loop for a while since all my games work fine except for this one.
    Last time I updated anything was in May or so when I upgraded from 3.2E to 4.0E, I'm not a big fan of upgrading stuff even though I have bootmii as boot 2(still the very first bootmii release lol) but if I have to I guess I'll install an IOS or two to get this working.

All my other games work fine, well some have random freezing problems if played from the hard drive like Muramasa, but I play Muramasa with a disc and it works perfectly. I have IOS55 installed, not sure what my cIOS36 version is, but I think it's still rev10.

So what happens with MH3? I use USB Loader GX to play it, the game boots up, the intro works fine but after I hit new game it freezes every time, that's it.

I hope I don't have to upgrade to 4.1 or mess with my cIOS36 because I read some bad things about the newest cIOS36 not being compatible with some games or whatever.

2. G0dLiKe

Member G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

United States
    2 things should be done here, first install ios55bugfix and second install Hermes ios 222 and Hermes ios 223 37 merged with 36.

Using USB Loader GX you cant change the name of the hunter, if you want that you have to use gecko OS 1.9.2 and the DVD of the game, after you created your character you can switch back to USB Loader.

3. Shinigami Kiba
    OP

Member Shinigami Kiba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
    thanks man
    now I need to know if there's an offline way to install these because I can't get my Wii online.

I know these files can't be linked here, but it's alright if you give me the filenames so I know what I'm looking for.

4. G0dLiKe

Member G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

United States
  5. Kornflake

Newcomer Kornflake Newbie

United States
    can someone confirm if this solution is still working with 4.2U, it's giving me the buzzing sound on the disc loaders; can't try the USB ones, that's why I need confirmation xD
    or is there another way of loading MH3 on 4.2?