Misc What's up with Mewtwo?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Never mind, I needed to get the Pokedex. How silly of me.
A mod can close this now.
The truth is that Mewtwo simply broke free before you snatched the gift and now he'll wreck havoc in Mewtwo Returns. :creep:

Should've tighten the straps on the Inhibitor Suit tighter, huh? Hindsight, Janthran, hindsight. :creep:

Reactions: 2 people

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Actually the event ends 6 march, Time to grab my own then, Might as well grab Togekiss too,

EDIT: Couldnt find it. Most likely because its server maintenance now.

EDIT2: Doing another attempt in 10 minutes. Got my arceus from dream world though :O

constantgamer247

Pourquoi?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was pi$$ed that I almost missed this as I traded all my pkmn off to another version and started a new game on my Pokemon White.
I deleted the save file and started completely a new, but I was able to pick up the mystery gift literally having nothing/no save file on the card. I started playing... got to a mart... guy gave me my mewtwo, it's just an unrecognized number in the dex and does not listen to me >_

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
I was pi$$ed that I almost missed this as I traded all my pkmn off to another version and started a new game on my Pokemon White.
I deleted the save file and started completely a new, but I was able to pick up the mystery gift literally having nothing/no save file on the card. I started playing... got to a mart... guy gave me my mewtwo, it's just an unrecognized number in the dex and does not listen to me >_<

Mewtwo isn't listening to you because it doesn't share your OT number and you aren't at a high enough level in addition to having the required badge. All pokemon games have been like that since the dawn of time. I'd know this, lol, because I wanted to do a special run through using all legendaries in Blue version, so I used my unlimited master balls and caught level 2 legendaries using gameshark encounter codes north of pallet town, then I traded them over to blue version. it was quite the challenge to beat brock with them not listening lol.

constantgamer247

Pourquoi?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@[member=SolarSailorEspeon716] yah I know, my point was that even with a brand new game fresh out of the box you can still pick up pokemon via the wonder card. You can DL a save files online that does not even have a game started but has picked up the wonder card. You just need to start a new game, play through to a mart to pick it up and then play through to a point where you can trade it off to a version you want it in, or maybe you want it for that save. just make sure your DS date is with in the range of the event so it makes the pokemon entirely legit.

This is what I did, had the wonder card but no save, started a new game, picked up Mewtwo at the mart so I was the OT and it matched my PID, still didnt listen to me.

Also I thought only your starter obeyed you regardless of level? Cuz Ive caught pokemon before that stoped listening to me when they accidently became too high of a level for the badges I had, and had to go beat the next gym leader so it would listen to me. Never really understood what the PID was for, but I know it has something to do with IV values or maybe its the other way aronud; iv values relyant on PID. For OT; original trainer, the randomly generated PID determines if you caught it originaly. PID is a trainer number or something like that and it is stamped on all pokemon you catch wo determine if you caught them or another trainer with the same name. Cuz if we both start a game and name our characters 'Red' they'll get different PIDs and that is how the game determines the True OT not through the trainer's name. There is like a 1 in 6billionSomething chance of two of the same PIDs being generated.

So do you know if its just your starter or any pokemon you catch that'll always listen to you no matter what?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs