What's the worst

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by mike1984, Sep 26, 2006.

Sep 26, 2006

What's the worst by mike1984 at 4:59 PM (987 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. mike1984
    OP

Member mike1984 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I just got myself a supercard and I was thinking about getting some Homebrew apps on it. My question is, let's say I download a corrupt file, or a malicious file, what's the worst that can happen to my DSL? Will the malicious program affect only the memory card or will it affect, DSL and Flashcart too?

2. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

United Kingdom
    The worst that could happen is that you brick both the DS and your flash cart.
    The memory card could be affected but that can usually be fixed.
    Make sure you get your homebrew for realiable sources, such as here, maxconsole and tehskeen.

EDIT: Its not just homebrew that can do this, some people might make fake roms that have the same effects. Which is why its a good idea to verfiy your game roms.

3. mike1984
    OP

Member mike1984 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    how do you verify game roms? I get them from a pretty reliable place. I wont mention it here though.

4. legendofphil

United Kingdom
    Using a renaming program such as NDSCRC is the easiest way.

5. Heinrisch

Member Heinrisch GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    I would say that the worst thing would be: Your DS is caught on fire and you drop it one your private parts. From that pain you stand up and start screaming loudly. Some one hears you screams and comes to the rescue! The guy, who does the rescuing, swings the door to your room open and "accidentally" the door hits you and pushes you towards the window. You are still in pain so you are not watching where you're going and you end up falling out of the window. You live on the 12th floor.

That would be pretty bad. And yes, you DS would not work after that, not that you could care..

6. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    LOL I so wanted to post something like that when I saw the topic title... I think I had a meteoryte striking your nether regions in mind, too [​IMG]

Woot! The "worst that could happen" thread!

Of course, the police would investigate your accident, find the DS, and find illegal ROMs on your Supercard. The judge would decide to "make an example out of you", and sentence you to maximum time...

7. HugeCock

Member HugeCock Oh My....

United States
    Great minds think a like as I wanted to post something along the same lines as well

8. legendofphil

United Kingdom
    If you mean like that then I suppose the worst that could happen is that you turn it on, Bin Laden walks in knocks you on your ass and tea-bags you.

9. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    [​IMG] That's one hell of a mental image!
    &
    That's why you should always
    carry one of these babies!
    [​IMG]

10. s1r1u5

Newcomer s1r1u5 Advanced Member

[​IMG] i think if bin laden gets himself your nintendo ds lite (he will change his idealistic religous thoughts and will beat osu takae ouendan first...
    then he goes cheerleeding and Bush will join with tony blair.
    bin in the midle bush on the right and blair on the left... and... [​IMG]
    oooooooooeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]