• The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures

• The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

• The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)

• The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

• The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes

Votes: 26 22.0%
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U)

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

Votes: 13 11.0%
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

• The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD

• BS Zelda

• The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and Four Swords

• The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX

• The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The game is the same regardless of what console you play it on, the system you play it on doesn't change the game, is not like a remake, is just improved looking graphics maybe. Is not like comparing Mega man x and mega man maverick hunter X. Those are two different games cause it has differences about it that isn't just better looking graphics.
It has some cosmetic and gameplay changes, 16:9, inverted map, controls; in GC you play as Link, in Wii you play as Recht.
But I think that is for another kind of poll, if you want to know which Zelda is worst, then you should put both version together as one option.
Then afterwards if that happen to be the worst one and you want to know which of the two version was worst, then make another poll, because of the reasons explained in my previous post.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The game is the same regardless of what console you play it on, the system you play it on doesn't change the game, is not like a remake, is just improved looking graphics maybe. Is not like comparing Mega man x and mega man maverick hunter X. Those are two different games cause it has differences about it that isn't just better looking graphics.
Well, some of the HD versions have additional content that may sway someone's opinion in a different direction.

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
But that would bring the problem for people that just dislike e.g. BOTW as a whole that wouldn't know which one to vote, and let's say each version gets 4 votes, it would still look better than Zelda 2 in the list right now (with 7 votes).... what I mean, it divides votes and makes it more difficult to get a right result.
Yeah that makes sense. Annoyingly enough, I can't remove poll options so they'll just have to stay up there.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, some of the HD versions have additional content that may sway someone's opinion in a different direction.
Well it would have to depend on how game breaking the differences are from the original, if is not enough of a change to warrent a new experience is probably the same as saying 4 votes for GC 4 for wii and 4 for WII U is 12 total. It would just depend on who played it on what, is better to list the definitive way to play it rather than add multiple versions.

raphamotta

Trophies
XP
Country
Triforce heroes is very fun when playing online. I like a lot this game, don't deserve be the worst Zelda. So many laughs!

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Haven't played The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes which seems like most people think is the worst.

Played "Oracle of Ages" and got bored pretty instantaneous, maybe it gets good? Never bothered with "Seasons" after that. I think Zelda II is alright. I regard it as better than Spirit Tracks which I voted for as the worst at first, but changed my mind.

Flirkyn

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I love all Zelda (my three favorite being Wind Waker, Breath of the Wild, and my Favorite, Majora's Mask), except one : Spirit Tracks.
It's not a bad game, but I was really disappointed, especially after really liking Phantom Hourglass. The design was meh (damn those train humain was ugly), the game was slow. There was some good idea, but not always well done (like the train thing who was too long to travel). The atmosphere and character was also pretty meh. The game had some good thing, like a good difficulty and OST, but in a whole, it's the Zelda I liked the less (not bad tho).

Then after come Zelda 2. Not bad but damn, this is one of the most difficult game I ever played ! Never passed the fucking death montain (never saw a game where an area had such a true name) without Action Replay O_O ! Aside of that it's different. Some will like it, other hate it.

I never really played (just quickly tested it) Zelda 1, Four Sword Adventure and Triforce Heroes, tho I can like it I guess since I liked first Four Sword. Never played at all BS Zelda. I haven't finished the Oracle (I planning to one day) and I won't talked about the multiple version of some ep.

But I think Zelda is really a great saga with no "bad" episode (some are not great but still good). And some opinion will really be different for some game (like Majora's Mask : my favorite and a game that really left his mark for me, but some hate it because of his mechanics).

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Op is clearly asking for opinions. I tried to play botw on wii u and i got bored pretty quickly. For me the best zelda is oot and i really enjoyed phantom hourglass and spirit tracks.
Well i'm a bit reluctant to know some people liked playing zelda games using touch screen only modes, i remember playing phantom hour glass, it was.... a different experience, reminded of how that one ninja gaiden on ds was, least i didn't have to hold the NDS like a book for zelda. The one part that pissed me off was this one puzzle i had to solve with a stamp, i had to close the NDS system to complete it, HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT! :wtf: That is breaking the 4th wall, games should stay in their world not ours. O_O

Reactions: DeslotlCL

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well i'm a bit reluctant to know some people liked playing zelda games using touch screen only modes, i remember playing phantom hour glass, it was.... a different experience, reminded of how that one ninja gaiden on ds was, least i didn't have to hold the NDS like a book for zelda. The one part that pissed me off was this one puzzle i had to solve with a stamp, i had to close the NDS system to complete it, HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT! :wtf: That is breaking the 4th wall, games should stay in their world not ours. O_O
Actually, not from Zelda, but I love those kinds of 4th wall breaking puzzles.
Specially from things like Another Code Two Memories.
That is part of the gameplay, guessing out what you have to do is part of the puzzle!

Reactions: Pluupy

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really liked the touch screen system. It was a game designed to make use of the platform gimmick and it did it pretty well. Also, the multiplayer was lots of fun! It is that one feature that no other zelda game has had till today.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, not from Zelda, but I love those kinds of 4th wall breaking puzzles.
Specially from things like Another Code Two Memories.
That is part of the gameplay, guessing out what you have to do is part of the puzzle!
Well i mean i wouldn't say it was a bad puzzle, just i didn't know that was what i had to do. That made me upset. Hate games where simple solutions aren't clear. Anyone remember X-men on Genesis megadrive? You had to reset your console after beating a boss, to progress the game. YOU JUST DON'T KNOW YOU SUPPOSED TO DO THAT! O_O

It only upsets me when i should know but i don't cause the game fails to explain it properly, it would be fine if they told me sooner so i don't have to wonder what I'm doing wrong or if the game has bugs. You wanna break out of your video game world and into reality, do it right like metal gear solid and when you use dualshock vibration to massage my arms after mashing buttons to survive ocelot torture. That is a proper 4th wall break. :creep:

One think i can't stand in games is cryptic information, that is most of why zelda games has been known to give some player notorious experience when playing it, having to need a guide walk-through to beat it on a decent schedule without spending too much unwanted or unnecessary time on it is why some games just seem bad in my opinion, the first 2 Zelda game on nes and some parts of breath of the wild are kinda the reason for it, i get you want a open world game that doesn't tell me too much of what to do, just give me a goal and a playground, super metroid was prime example of open world exploring game that didn't tell me anything but was enough to figure out stuff, it was balanced. Some zelda games aren't like that, you get lost too easily and frustrated and is not fun.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never understood how people think Zelda 2 is a *bad* game. I actually think it is my 3rd favorite console game (First MM->OOT->Z2) not to mention my favorite intro music to any Zelda game. I get it's difficult and doesn't follow the ~zelda formula~ (not even a valid argument btw because at the time there was literally one other game and they tried something different) but that does not mean it is a bad game whatsoever. Beating it was one of the most satisfying experiences of my life. I'm also burnt out by people just not playing it, or just like an hour and saying 'oh zelda II sucks so bad!!!'. I have encountered a huge majority of people like that who criticize Z2 and it is just so frustrating </endrant>

As far as worst zelda? I have a major disdain for Wind Waker and a good majority of BOTW (beast designs were cool, but too easy) and for handhelds.. well, Triforce Heroes. And even then, they aren't really bad games.

Last edited by MFDC12,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality