• The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures

• The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

• The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)

• The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

• The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes

Votes: 26 22.0%
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U)

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

Votes: 13 11.0%
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

• The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD

• BS Zelda

• The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and Four Swords

• The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX

• The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, hard choice, tie between both NES zelda, and breath of the wild, and i guess links awakening.... and majora's mask.... Very tough choice in deed. :unsure:

Well let me say i like wind waker, even though many not, yeah sailing on ocean for long time isn't fun, but is like adventure. Kinda like breath of the wild, except most of the game is water. Never played twilight princess, or skyward sword. So i hear fi is a annoying tutorial navi worst than the fairy from the n64 games, then link turns into a wolf in another, is that where sonic unleashed got the idea from?

I'm not a top tier zelda fan, okay? I play play a few games and enjoy the basic formula of going into a dungeon, finding a cool item and using it to complete all the puzzles, The first five games kinda didn't have that.

First NES zelda game is too cryptic and no indication of where to go or how to get there, second game is 2D platform and is hard, adding in RPG elements like exp and level up, majora's mask is more centered around using dead creatures mask to inherit their powers to progress through dungeons even though dungeon items are the common way to do it, oh and i HATE THE THREE DAY TIME LIMIT! Last this game has nothing to do with zelda, you only see her since she reminds you how you have the ocarina of time she gave you.

Links awakening isn't a terrible bad game, in fact i don't mind playing it at all, only some things bothered me, Zelda is not in this game, (Even though her name is on the title screen) It has nothing to do with her, the story sucks, is about link stuck in dream land (No relation to kirby) he is asleep in a night mare and has to gather 8 musical instruments to awaken song fish... sky fish... F-I-S-H, and after he does, is found in the middle of a ocean on a wooden log raft. Besides the story the only thing that bothered me was you have to find 25 sea shells in order to get stronger weapon, and the trading sequence must be completed in order to get to the end of the game, very minor nit picking but is just me. But you get a bunch of nintendo character cameo, like wart the toad from super mario bros 2, Princess peach picture from a photographer you can use game boy printer to print out on GBC, it has 2D and 3D modes which is nice. Is not bad, it could just use better things where it lacks. Like the oracle games.

DS game uses full touch screen mode..... enough is said. NOBODY WANTED THAT! Last is breath of the wild, keeping it to a minimum, this game vastly different from many common zelda games, is also not easy but is not impossible or unfair, just very many things about it i rather had not existed, it does use classic things about the early zelda games, You can jump like in Zelda II and gameboy games' roc's feather, you can equip armor for stronger defense kind like the power ring from nes, or the new clothes from link to the past, or just upping HP levels in zelda II with level up, so kinda like a rpg game. Lot of "world" to explore with no linear path, although in the early games you know you couldn't finish the game until you cleared all dungeons though, you don't have to in this one. But again kept to minimum, is not perfect, is good and can be better or least adjusted for difficulty.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
D

Deleted User

I hate all zelda games. I really do. I tried breath of the wild. I really did. It doesn't do it for me. I still think that yoshi's woolly world, mario kart 8,mario maker and mario 3d world are better than breath of the wild. This is my personal opinion of course.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm surprised Zelda 2 has so many votes. I personally don't like it at all, but I thought that was an unpopular opinion as others seem to love it.
I voted for Phantom Hourglass, I didn't like that one much at all and the controls didn't work very well. I like Zelda 2 even less, but I wouldn't say it's a worse game due to that, it just isn't for me.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link... I played it when I was teenager and finished it... Worst game, indeed.

I love all Zelda games, thought. Oh yeah.. Don't forgot the Cdi games. They are horrible games, lol!

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You forgot many Zeldas, like:
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (GBA)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Wii VC)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Wii U VC)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time (GC disc)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time (Wii VC)
... etc.

/s

PS: Why writing TP twice and BOTW twice?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Despite Triforce Heroes have an actual Zelda-outfit for Link, I didn't enjoy the game. I don't enjoy games with forced multiplayer. Playing alone is just no fun and trying to to play online tends to become an unorganized mess for me. Playing with friends IRL is mostly fun, but I never enjoyed it enough to keep the game.

Reactions: bennyman123abc

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am not the biggest fan of the first NES game, the second was an amusing platformer for a NES game. The SNES one some consider a classic but it does not get my bollocks tingling and to this day I have done neither the GBA nor original version all the way though in a reasonable timeframe.

The first N64 one was OK for the time but holds little appeal now. The second N64 one was far better for me, and while it is no longer some epic game it makes for an amusing minor game. Being ports and emulated the later iterations don't really warrant any additional consideration from where I sit.

The GC one I liked aspects of but felt rather disjointed, time has not improved this.

Never really did the console ones after this. What little I have played of breath of the wild was better than the early videos led me to believe, however it still feels like a company making a stab at a new to them game type. On the others then from what I have seen I have not missed out on much, though I probably will go back and play the GC version of twilight princess one day.

Zelda watch was probably one of the better watch games.

Zelda/Zelda DX is a fine game to this day.

The Oracles games I like but can see them being considered to have not aged well.

I will stand up for Minish Cap but I can completely see it failing to ignite the spark for people.

Even with dpad hacks the DS games did little and less for me.

4 swords in the various incarnations is fun if you have four players, though is more for the players than those wanting a zelda game.

I think that is all the ones I have done.

Reactions: gamefan5

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
... etc.

/s

Writing TP twice makes sense (althought it would be good to mark the first one with GC) due to different control schemes. I have a friend (HUGE fan of the franchise) who hates the Wii version due to controls.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also should he be counting the wii u HD ports as well? Is the same game with minor improvements, just use the HD as definitive way to play it or the original Console it was on with twilight princess as exception cause it was multiple release at the same time, so it can't be forgotten.

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
... etc.

/s

I'm only including original games and remakes which is why I don't have vc games. The reason why I included TP twice is because some people prefer gamecube TP over wii TP and I have both BOTWs because some people think that the Switch version is a bad port. Overall I'm just trying to make the list as diverse as possible without including virtual console games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also should he be counting the wii u HD ports as well? Is the same game with minor improvements, just use the HD as definitive way to play it or the original Console it was on with twilight princess as exception cause it was multiple release at the same time, so it can't be forgotten.
Yup, forgot about those. I'm adding them now.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm only including original games and remakes which is why I don't have vc games. The reason why I included TP twice is because some people prefer gamecube TP over wii TP and I have both BOTWs because some people think that the Switch version is a bad port. Overall I'm just trying to make the list as diverse as possible without including virtual console games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yup, forgot about those. I'm adding them now.
But that would bring the problem for people that just dislike e.g. BOTW as a whole that wouldn't know which one to vote, and let's say each version gets 4 votes, it would still look better than Zelda 2 in the list right now (with 7 votes).... what I mean, it divides votes and makes it more difficult to get a right result.

Reactions: Pluupy and Seliph

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason why I included TP twice is because some people prefer gamecube TP over wii TP and I have both BOTWs because some people think that the Switch version is a bad port. Overall I'm just trying to make the list as diverse as possible without including virtual console games.
The game is the same regardless of what console you play it on, the system you play it on doesn't change the game, is not like a remake, is just improved looking graphics maybe. Is not like comparing Mega man x and mega man maverick hunter X. Those are two different games cause it has differences about it that isn't just better looking graphics.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those DS games with the forced touch screen controls. I really wanted to play them, but my hand got tired out after 10 mins of wagging a stylus :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs