What's the worst game you've ever played?

Light_Dies_07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The worst game I've ever played? Well, there are some contenders for that in my book:
>Simpson's Road Rage for GBA
>Final Fantasy Legends for GB
>PS2 Sonic Heroes
>Tekwar for MS-DOS
>Menace Beach/Sunday Funday for NES
>Bio force Ape for NES
>Home Alone for NES
>Action 52 for NES
me who bought PS2 Sonic Heroes not knowing it was the worst version :

Light_Dies_07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ooh worst game okay... i can't think of many outstandingly bad ones off the top of my head except for Clay Fighters 63 1/3 for the N64. It's a rare game, and that's the only reason I considered trying it out. ofc i didn't get a REAL cart, it was a fake copy. wasn't worth begging my parents to get it for me tho :|

i think the thing i liked the least about the game is it's got the maturity level of an average modern episode of Family Guy, and for hyping itself up so much it sure doesn't deliver in gameplay. the fighting mechanics just aren't very fun and i find myself getting super frustrated during each round wondering why i don't turn the game off. and then after all that, i just don't feel very accomplished, even if by some miracle i WON.

sorry for the paragraph :P anyways yea that's my pick for worst game i've ever played lols

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dash Galaxy in the Alien Asylum on the original Nintendo.

I don't even remember when or where I got that game, but I still get angry even thinking about it. It was the dumbest game ever, it made no sense, it had no point, and I am still angry that someone gave it to me. That game is spinach on a pizza.

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Games like Animal Crossing and Stardew Valley are probably my top picks for games which aren't just shovelware but I cannot stand playing. Not a massive fan of games where you kinda don't do anything but chores. Just find them extremely boring, though I doubt I'm part of the target audience for them.

If I had to pick games which just disappointed me after I had high expectations (and therefore are pretty high up on the worst games list for me), either Dishonored 2 or the Persona 3 Portable PC port. Dishonored 1 is my favourite game of all time but Dishonored 2 just never felt 'right' to me, just feels like they focused on the combat over stealth. And need I say why with the P3P PC port? Horrible upscaled art and crunchy audio. Thank god they're supposedly making a proper remake in the style of Persona 5...

Reactions: CoolMe

YukidaruPunch

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I consider this one special because it was still back in the day when the N64 was relevant. This was 2000, maybe 2001 tops. We all loved to rent WcW/nWO Revenge and Wrestlemania 2000 and play mutliplayer so we just thought this would be a good time.

81og0vmKHPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

It was like... unanimous disdain. Both me and my cousins agreed it was the worst game we had ever rented. We could barely play it. It wasn't easy to return it so we just played the other game we had rented instead of this one.

I still remember how unanimous the sentiment was. It was like we were watching something sacrilegeous. Years went by and we all remembered: yeah, that was the worst game we've played. 20 years have passed and I don't keep in touch with any of my two female cousins but I'm sure if mention it they will still remember how much we loathed this one.

Surely I played something worse on emulators as years passed by, but that doesn't change how much this one left a mark.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I consider this one special because it was still back in the day when the N64 was relevant. This was 2000, maybe 2001 tops. We all loved to rent WcW/nWO Revenge and Wrestlemania 2000 and play mutliplayer so we just thought this would be a good time.

It was like... unanimous disdain. Both me and my cousins agreed it was the worst game we had ever rented. We could barely play it. It wasn't easy to return it so we just played the other game we had rented instead of this one.

I still remember how unanimous the sentiment was. It was like we were watching something sacrilegeous. Years went by and we all remembered: yeah, that was the worst game we've played. 20 years have passed and I don't keep in touch with any of my two female cousins but I'm sure if mention it they will still remember how much we loathed this one.

Surely I played something worse on emulators as years passed by, but that doesn't change how much this one left a mark.
What's the Rock cooking? It's shit. :rofl2:

• Haha
Reactions: AncientBoi

HelpTheWretched

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

If you played that one before Revenge or Wrestlemania 2000, then it wasn't so bad. It had a few mechanics that I think should come back in some form, and me and my friends had a good time with the CAWs. But yeah, it just lacks that precise and snappy feel of the Yukes games.

Also on N64 was the atrocious WCW Backstage Assault, literally a wrestling game without a wrestling ring. But you could give your opponent an Irish Whip and they would still do the motion of bouncing off the ring ropes.

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
The Legend of Dark Witch. I would discuss why i hate it so much, but I've done it so much that I'm exhausted my system trying to talk bad about it once more.

If anyone sees this though and would want me to give an explanation, I might do it or not

weestuarty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Worst game ever - and i know people who love it - Another World. Oh how frustrated that game made me back in the old childhood. It just felt pointless and aimless.

• Sad
Reactions: Megadriver94

Megadriver94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can think of games that are at least marginally worse than any version of Another World, yes even worse than the SNES, and Atari ST Versions:
Megaman X7 (can't believe I almost tried to buy a copy years ago back in Middle School)
Charlie's Angels on PS2 and Gamecube
Double Dragon on Atari ST
Q*bert for Commodore Vic-20
DOOM for 3DO
Hong Kong '97 for SNES
Double Dragon 2 on Sega Genesis
Double Dragon Atari 2600
Star Fox for Atari 2600
James bond for Atari 5200
Firefly for Atari 2600

Last edited by Megadriver94,

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can think of games that are at least marginally worse than any version of Another World, yes even worse than the SNES, and Atari ST Versions:
Megaman X7 (can't believe I almost tried to buy a copy years ago back in Middle School
Charlie's Angels on PS2 and Gamecube
Double Dragon on Atari ST
Q*bert for Commodore Vic-20
DOOM for 3DO
Hong Kong '97
Double Dragon 2 on Sega Genesis
Double Dragon Atari 2600
Star Fox for Atari 2600
James bond for Atari 5200
Firefly for Atari 2600
TIL there was a title named Star Fox on atari - my god that game looks horrendously bad

Reactions: Megadriver94

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.