Whats the WORST Flashcart you know of?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Tomato Hentai, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Tomato Hentai
    OP

Tomato Hentai baja boner blast

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    actually north korea. please send help
    I want to possibly buy a DS Flashcart for my 3DS and I want to know which ones you would avoid if you were buying a Flashcart.
    I might buy one of the ones mentioned in this thread just to see how crappy it is for myself.

2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    As far as I know, the only actual DS flashcard that still works on the 3DS is the Supercard DSTwo and some later versions of the R4i Gold (but I could be wrong, I haven't been in the DS flashcard scene for a very long time.) Neither of which really suck.
    For the DS there were tons of them, like all of the crappy R4 clones, but DS flashcards are slowly dying out.

3. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    Wisconsin
    There really aren't any crappy DS flashcarts that work on the 3DS.
    Unless you count the one bundled with the MT Card, that is.

4. Seratonin

Seratonin GBAtemp Regular

Jul 14, 2012
    United States
    Allison Park, Pennsylvania
    Go to this link. It's a chart that shows which carts are relevant to you.

Vulpes Abnocto likes this.
  5. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Should it work on the latest FW? If yes it's probably R4isdhc.in or r4isdhc.hk. The "original" menu (r4isdhc.com) is real crap and I expect the clones to be even worse.
    If it shouldn't work with the latest FW I'd go with something like the r4issdhc.com or the amazekard.

6. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    No-name R4 clones that are incompatible with Wood are the worst offenders in my opinion - they flooded the market a few years back, they were completely shameless about what they were copying, they were often falsely advertised and support for them evaporated within months. Of course you could argue that there are worse technological solutions, for instance using a GBA flashcard and a PassMe device, which is even more inconvenient than using a knock-off R4, but I can understand that this was the only way back in the day - R4 clones on the other hand are almost all pure cash grabs.

xy1154 and Rocc0 like this.
  7. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Slot-2 cards have many advantages against Slot-1 cards. It's only much more work for the teams.

8. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    That's true, especially when the Slot-2 card has some embedded hardware, for instance additional RAM. What I'm saying is that they're a tad inconvenient in this day and age. ;)

9. xy1154

xy1154 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2015
    Switzerland
    Somewhere
    Most of the crappy cards died around 2011. R4-clones are still around, but they're not so reliable.

10. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 30, 2006
    United States
    USA MTN timezone
    Any card that kills your battery in SLEEP MODE *cough cough a buncha damn supercards*