Hardware What's the specific 3DS XL screw size?

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my 3DS XL and a new shell from eBay, and I'm looking to do a shell swap. I went to Meijer on my way home from work since they're open this late, and got the only pack of precision screw drivers they sold. I was happy to see a Phillips #00 in there since that's what Nintendo said to use on their support site. It was too big, even the Phillips that were SMALLER were too big! That one popular shell swap video said to use a #0X25, so does the millimeter measurement matter? I wanted to stay awake all night to do this so I had free time to play before work tomorrow but that obviously won't be happening. :mellow: I'm a very short walk from an ACE Hardware so I could just wake up tomorrow and go if I get an answer before I get up. :P

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo's giving advice on how to swap shells on their support site? Wha?

I'm guessing not, and they were only talking about what you need to remove the battery cover.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo's giving advice on how to swap shells on their support site? Wha?

I'm guessing not, and they were only talking about what you need to remove the battery cover.

All of the screws are the same, though. At least that's what I heard.

EDIT: It's like the ends of my screwdrivers aren't sharp. So dull they won't fit into the center because it's like it was already worn off. I may have just gotten a bad set, granted I just got the whole pack for $6 at a supermarket, rather than a hardware store, where they're typically sold for around $15 without tax. Hopefully ACE has'em in stock.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of the screws are the same, though. At least that's what I heard.

EDIT: It's like the ends of my screwdrivers aren't sharp. So dull they won't fit into the center because it's like it was already worn off. I may have just gotten a bad set, granted I just got the whole pack for $6 at a supermarket, rather than a hardware store, where they're typically sold for around $15 without tax. Hopefully ACE has'em in stock.

Some of those cheap screw driver set are exactly that ---> cheap <---. I got a bit set from radio shack, and the tips are very pointed, so much that I cannot use it on anything but the tiny stuff.

Reactions: Selim873

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM