what's the situation with mario kart 8?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by matice, Dec 6, 2016.

1. matice
    OP

matice Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2015
    Italy
    hello I've not been playing with my wiiu for a while.
    I have it on 5.3.2 firmware and loadiine.

I would like to play with mario kart 8 with my brother and I would like to have it fully unlocked.
    I've downloaded and used a game save from here (thank you!) with all the cars, wheels, characters unlocked.
    I was wondering if now it's possible to unlock also the dlc bonus tracks with loadiine and how to do it? also for the 200cc is it possible to use it?

can you please tell me how to do if it's possible

sorry for my english
    thank you

2. NeroAngelo

NeroAngelo Clueless Importer

Dec 31, 2003
    Libya
    If you can run loadiine, why not just use the USB method instead ?
    then you can just use all the DLC as if it were real dlc, AND play online :3

3. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    First of all: Update to 5.5.1! There's no single reason to stay on 5.3.2 as all the "fancy" stuff only gets released for 5.5.1 nowadays.
    If you want to stay with Loadiine (= no online play) you can google for that hypocrisis mod of Loadiine (or whatever it's called) which allows to use unbought DLCs.
    However, as NeroAngelo stated, a much better way is to use haxchi and/or redNAND and install the game along it's updates and DLCs to internal memory or USB through "Brazilian exploit" (silly name still).
    The best way btw would be to just buy the DLCs. They cost around 12 bucks and make MK8 even greater. Just sayin'. ;)

NeroAngelo likes this.
  4. Dvdxploitr

Dvdxploitr GBAtemp Fan

May 24, 2008
    United States
    The only downside of setting up RedNAND is the LONG time it takes to dump the NAND...some people say it only takes them 45 minutes other people have had it take hours. So, start the dump before you head to work/school/bed, etc....

5. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    He can use only sig patched sysnand you know

6. nikeymikey

nikeymikey This is now a Spiderman thread.........

Nov 19, 2008
    THIS!!!

It's the simplest way to run dlc and eshop games. Just don't fuck about with any system titles and you'll be golden.

zeldaism likes this.
  7. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    Also it guarantees compatibility with salt's IOSUhax while rednand likely won't be compatible with their IOSUhax. (Even one of the members stated this)

zeldaism likes this.
  8. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Wait, just to be clear: As long as I'm trying to install Wii U games, VC games, injected VC games and so on I can't get a softbrick? Even if the files are corrupted or wrong region (in case I didn't use a fw.img with region patch)? Only messing with system titles (like activity log, miiverse etc.) could do sh*t?

9. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    I have installed injected VC, Wii eShop games (which don't work in rednand), Wii U eshop games, and DLC and no brick. Just use the fw.img for sysnand with region free and your perfect.

Only brick you can get is messing with system files.

10. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    By "Wii eShop games" you mean Wii U Wii VC games like Mario Galaxy?

11. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    Yes Mario Galaxy, MG2, and Kirby's return to Dreamland is what I installed. They reboot the console however so when you boot and exit them IOSUhax is booted out of.

lordelan likes this.
  12. joacosur15

joacosur15 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 2, 2016
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-signature-check-patcher.451138/ Try this, is the same, but no fw.img need, more simple.

13. Dungeonseeker

Dungeonseeker GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2016
    Guaruntees compatibility with a hack no one has ever seen nor the creators have ever officially said they will actully release.

Salts CFW is a Pipedream, its never coming.

VinLark likes this.
  14. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Alright, thank you. I read somewhere else that these VC games use existing vWii savegames which is interesting. I wonder from where they would take the Miis if it's a Wii game with Mii functionality. I think from the vWii Mii Channel which still has me wishing for a way to keep vWii Mii Channel and Wii U MiiMaker in sync (of course by only using Mii edits which can be done on (v)Wii and not any new hairstyles or stuff from MiiMaker).

15. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    That doesn't work as well as fw.img
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Last edited by xtheman, Dec 6, 2016
    Risingdawn and lordelan like this.
  16. Dungeonseeker

Dungeonseeker GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2016
    Well hey, I'm man enough to admit I was wrong and I'm gonna enjoy watching them right now but it doesn't change the important point which is Salt have never said they will release their cfw into the wild.

At this point there's no reason for them not to release and believe me, I'll be happy if they do but I get the feeling they will keep their work private and leave us with what we've got right now.

17. C0mm4nd_

C0mm4nd_ Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P

Oct 9, 2016
    Italy
    I messed up a lot with my sysNAND (file replacement,random sh*t installing,etc. :P)

Last edited by C0mm4nd_, Dec 6, 2016
  18. pietempgba

pietempgba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 9, 2016
    United States
    Salts CFW is coming SOON™

Last edited by pietempgba, Dec 6, 2016
  19. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    What?

20. C0mm4nd_