Hacking Question What's the secret to installing NSZ files with SX OS?

gene0915

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using SX OS 3.0.3
OFW 10.0.4
No emunand, just SX OS on my SD card

I have a 512GB FAT32 MicroSD card and I'm trying to install a 5 gig NSZ file. I trimmed the name of the NSZ file down to a few letters .nsz

Since I can't copy the NSZ to my FAT32 microsd card, formatted 2 thumb drives as exFAT and copied the NSZ file over to them and no matter where I go in the installer, I can't see the files. I can see the test XCI file but not the NSZ. I tried a powered USB hard drive and again, the test XCI file showed up but not the NSZ.

Oh, the USB drives were all formatted with a primary partition.

What am I doing wrong?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
get a hombrew app that supports NSZ like SX Installer or Tinfoil
Has to be an installer that supports USB as well, I think maybe Tinfoil is the only one (and SX Installer is based on that)
Using SX OS 3.0.3
OFW 10.0.4
No emunand, just SX OS on my SD card

I have a 512GB FAT32 MicroSD card and I'm trying to install a 5 gig NSZ file. I trimmed the name of the NSZ file down to a few letters .nsz

Since I can't copy the NSZ to my FAT32 microsd card, formatted 2 thumb drives as exFAT and copied the NSZ file over to them and no matter where I go in the installer, I can't see the files. I can see the test XCI file but not the NSZ. I tried a powered USB hard drive and again, the test XCI file showed up but not the NSZ.

Oh, the USB drives were all formatted with a primary partition.

What am I doing wrong?
I recommend installing over USB or network with an installer like Awoo.

Reactions: MarkDarkness

lipanz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
try install it through usb install with tinfoil. i did all my large installs with nut through usb. easier and save's time.
i'm on same sxos and firmware as yours..

gene0915

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
get a hombrew app that supports NSZ like SX Installer or Tinfoil

Tried using both and they will not see the NSZ file on the thumb drive. They see the XCI 'control' file so I know my thumb drive is working.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

try install it through usb install with tinfoil. i did all my large installs with nut through usb. easier and save's time.
i'm on same sxos and firmware as yours..

Tried that. When I point the latest version of Tinfoil at my USB drive, it sees the XCI file but not the NSZ.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Tried using both and they will not see the NSZ file on the thumb drive. They see the XCI 'control' file so I know my thumb drive is working.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Tried that. When I point the latest version of Tinfoil at my USB drive, it sees the XCI file but not the NSZ.
"TX Presents SX Installer v3.0.0 - Now with Cheats and NSZ Support!"
if it doesn't work for you then there is something wrong with your setup or the nsz files

MomZo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Use Tinfoil and Nut server. Very easy to install your games by USB, including NSZ format.
If your NSZ files are not detected, it is either because they don't contain the title ID in their names, or just because they are not genuine games.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

MomZo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I made a clean install to FW10.1.0 with my Switch 2 or 3 days ago (update OFW, dump Nand, create new emuNand, install back everything) and had to reinstall 150GB of NSP games by USB with Tinfoil/Nut. It was relatively quick and painless. No issue with the transfer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: it's a thing there