Hacking what's the reason that got you into flash carts?

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mine was just to play japanense to english games but other wise that was suppose to be it. but my greed cost me to be a pirate towards nintendo... if i could (and if i was rich) i would buy all the games i download right now... but that's my main reason go ahead and tell me yours.

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be able to play downloaded games, that is why I got my DS and SCDS2. I'd already been playing them on my PC, but actual hardware sounded like a much better idea. The cost of games is still not overly cheap at the local game stores, so I didn't start off with that anyway. The other one was the promise of SNES/GBA emulation with my supercard. That didn't work out aswell as I wanted though lol.

I honestly wish I could say for 'homebrew' or for watching movies on my DS, but I am a dirty pirate. I do buy PS3 and Wii games though, so I am not all that bad :)

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard how the DS could be used differently and was intrigued by the homebrew scene. I love the following programs; Animanatee, Nitrotracker, and Powder. Moonshell for movies and Lick's Media Player for MP3s.

Wanderman_Trigge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to(try) and bring out the potenchle of my dsi (was such a noob), emulate all the classics , watch videos... and not have to carry all my games around(befor someone stole them) now i just say F*** it! (piretting is the new "rentting" lol)

rehevkor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was going to to say something somewhat noble like homebrew (Quake!) and to play some obscure games I was having trouble getting my hands on (Dementium). But like the majority of flashcart owners it was blatantly for pure piracy, even if I didn't realise it at the time.

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While on a day trip I lost my DSi and a dozen or so games.. Didn't want that to happen again,
Now I use it for games I already own hard copies opf and more importantly guides.

I don't feel I really own it until I have the case, instructions and physical cart. I built a high wall display for them... It's not out of any sense of honesty, just like owning something I can sell later for a profit. and not lose... I have used it for demo trials though and have bought most every game that I kept from downloading, (when poss.) as the price drops below $5. USD, which is quite a few these days... if you know where to look. Still buying them today... I know it's redundant but in the event of an unexpected update/card brick etc... I can still game on... without missing a beat... locally the physical games are quick cash in a pinch, roms are not. I have even been known to buy more than 1 copy of a game I really enjoy to support the developer. I figure if they don't get numbers and know we're interested, they stop bring games over here. I'm looking at you FireEmblem...

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Piracy, not a chance in hell was I buying all the games I had lost (and then some) again. Plus, I like the media functionality of the DSTWO media player, ironically the media SD card is used more than the games one nowadays. :unsure:

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Originally - I wanted a way to carry all my legally brought GBA games around WITHOUT having to carry around countless cases (IIRC I had about 15-20 GBA games)
Also having them all on one cartridge I wouldn't need to keep swapping them around each time I wanted to play something different....

... then I became a Pirate !!!

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To play more games (never had much money), so I got a R4 back then (2008) and loved it. Still remember that day, it was sunny and warm outside. I prepared my µSD card before, put the kernel and some games on it, so I was good to go. And damn, it was awesome to play the ROMs on my DS instead of my PC, with an emulator.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Piracy 100%. Would have never bought a DS otherwise and would have just enjoyed it with a emulator otherwise. Or wait. 1 more reason. Pokemon.
Cant say piracy for the 3DS however as i bought it with the intention of playing Tales of Abyss pirated or not.

zhuzhuchina

Trophies
Website
www.zhuzhuchina.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
some years ago a friend requested a R4..... I said WHAT IS?? it's a mini 4wd ? later i found that was a ds flashcard. and i started to sell them togheter with other stuff.
I am not a ds nintendo pirate sadly, only test games if run or not but I still prefers pc games over all

Themanhunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wanted to explore game hacking on the DS, plus the fact that it is convenient to be able to store all your games on 1 microSD card and play them.

Free games is just a bonus.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: