Whats the point?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by sanoblue, Sep 14, 2007.

Sep 14, 2007

Whats the point? by sanoblue at 4:43 AM (1,203 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. sanoblue
    OP

Member sanoblue The Fuzzy Blue Woof!

United States
    i have a r4 and a ezflash 3 in 1
    plus 2 copies of max media drives which im not using... will use if theres a good reason

my question is what would flashing do for me?

2. h8uthemost

Member h8uthemost GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Basically, the only thing you will benefit from flashing, is the ability to have recovery mode in the case you run into a homebrew that bricks your DS.

But as long as you don't download brand new homebrew, that nobody else has tested, then you should be fine. Homebrew like DSOrganize or ComicbookDS(or any other homebrew that has been around for a while), is just fine to download. You know you won't get any bricking software from those. Just make sure to download from the actual site that hosts the homebrew. Don't download it from some unknown source.

I flashed my DS today for that reason, and for the reason to skip the Health & Warning screen at startup. I have quite a few carts, and I like to switch them around quite a bit. And when I've been using my R4, or G6 Real for a while, then go to my CycloDS, I really missed by-passing that Health & Warning screen going straight into the cart that the R4, G6, and SCDS gave me. But now I don't have that Health & Warning screen when I use my CycloDS or DS-Linker anymore.

But since you have an R4, you don't have that problem. The R4 skips the Health & Warning screen, and boots straight into the cart.

Being able to receive download play was another benefit for flashing. But since the R4 now has full download play support, you don't have to flash your DS for that either.

So besides getting recovery mode, there really isn't anything else you would benefit from flashing your DS.

3. sanoblue
    OP

Member sanoblue The Fuzzy Blue Woof!

United States
    thanks answers my questions... any ideas on what to do with my dormant mmds?

4. h8uthemost

Member h8uthemost GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I really don't know much about the MMD's. I guess if you don't need them anymore, you could always try and sell them in the Marketplace of this site. Or the Marketplace of SCDev.org. Someone might buy them.