Gaming What's the nunchuck for?

fearman911

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was planning on getting a Wii, since my two brothers already have xbox 360's. I went to my friend's house and played SSBB and it was pretty fun and the graphics were better than i expected. When i was playing though, i realize that i wasn't swinging the nunchuck or anything, and that's the way i like to play games. I was wondering if most of the games are like this... or if they aren't?
unsure.gif

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Some games use the nunchuck's motion sensing abilities, but most don't. Usually use of the nunchuck is limited to it's joystick and two buttons.

You're almost never going to be flailing about wildly, but maybe that's just me. When the first good real boxing game comes out that will be good, but so far nothing good on that front. Otherwise there's Wii Boxing, Rayman Raving Rabbids and another game the name of which escapes me that just came out that apparently uses the nunchuck almost exclusively.

Go figure.

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
Some games use the nunchuck's motion sensing abilities, but most don't. Usually use of the nunchuck is limited to it's joystick and two buttons.

You're almost never going to be flailing about wildly, but maybe that's just me. When the first good real boxing game comes out that will be good, but so far nothing good on that front. Otherwise there's Wii Boxing, Rayman Raving Rabbids and another game the name of which escapes me that just came out that apparently uses the nunchuck almost exclusively.

Go figure.

Opoona is the nunchuk-exclusive game you're thinking of.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Some games make very nice use of the nunchucks motion-abilities. Metroid 3 for example, to employ the grappling hook.
Or Medal of honor heroes 2, to peek around a corner. It feels very natural to use the nunchuck that way in those games.

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Raving Rabbids 1 and 2 are just two crazy games where you HAVE TO use the Nunchuk wildly along with the Wiimote...

THAT wildly you have to get a Wireless one, to not slap in your face, eh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Aeiou backwards