whats the minimum speed required for playing onlin

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by test84, Aug 28, 2007.

1. test84
    OP

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    I know its based on what you play, but i was thinking that whats the minimum speed required.
    and with my current dial up (which is like 4kbps) which games i can play online.
    TIA.

2. drkshinigami

Newcomer drkshinigami Member

United States
    most games require dsl or higher speed to recieve adequate game play but you can still play games with dial up but it could lag a lot.

3. test84
    OP

Iran
    which games you recommend over dial up?
    (just got my wireless router, want to try some games!)
    (if anyone intrested, pm me! heeeeeeeeeeee!)

4. wabo

Member wabo GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    I've played animal crossing and Tetris with a friend who has 56k and it worked fine.

5. test84
    OP

Iran
    yeah, i played Tetris, MPH, Mario Kart (snaking made me crazy).

tetris was very good.

MPH was good but 1) i had to wait alot to find some (maybe cuz of my slow connection, i donoo) and 2) they al used a lightning gun which i donno how to acquire. 3)i donno if i had any delay or not but i did not sense any lags, strage for a dial up.

Picorss was worst, i couldnt even play, whenever i found something, it went to loading and then said that the player disconnected from system and gave me score, i did it 10 times and no luck, have to test it with users of this site. I was able to get Mario Pack 1 & 2, is there anything else for Picross to download? since i heard there are weekly updates for European version, which region is better?
    wikipedia says that just Japanese version gets weekly updates, american is worst version for updates and European (which i have) has just Pack 1&2, right?

worst of all was MKDS, after start, they all wrooooomed away, i think its snaking or what.

Animal crossing needed a friend code, which i didnt have.

going to test
    club house
    bomberman
    Tenchu
    FFF Chocobo Tales