What's the longest time you've spent playing a single game?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by War, Apr 10, 2009.

1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    I decided to start this topic after reading about one guy who spent like a thousand hours on FFXI, and another guy who spent around 250 hours on Persona 3 and Persona 4. I really don't see how people can play games that much... the most time I've spent on a single game was around 30 hours, and it was Disgaea on the DS. What about you guys? Just list the game, system you played it on, how long you played it, and why you played it so much.

2. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    I'm sad to say 150 hours (not exact) playing Pokemon Pearl.... Gotta Catch Em' All!

3. acoustic.digital

Member acoustic.digital GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    hmm... i spent 12 days on World of Warcraft (that equals to about a year of playing here and there).
    Another 10 days of Warcraft III, 20 days of Diablo II... the list goes on and on :]

If you're talking bout single-player console games, then it would have to be Zelda OoT (replayed it about 20 times, and you need about 10-15 hrs to complete it). Pokemon Red and Yellow were two huge timesinks as well: the time counter stops countuing at 155hrs (or was it 255?)

4. Anhmeister

Newcomer Anhmeister Member

United States
    I've played Dragon Quest VIII for about 60 hours, got halfway through and lost my save. Spent another 50 hours in a new game getting back to the same area. Still haven't beaten it yet.

5. ddp127

Member ddp127 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    about 120 hours on super mario galaxy, replayed it 2/3 times

6. kantaris

Newcomer kantaris Newbie

United States
    I spent something along the lines of 400 days on Everquest.

Once I played for 23 hours straight, waiting for Hasten Bootstrutter to spawn.

7. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    The Final Fantasy titles on PSX take about 60-100 hours if you do most of the (sane) sidequests. No reason for playing so much, that's just how long they take. I don't see the point in buying a game if you're going to skip half of it.

Also don't forget the factor in the difficulty; the time counter on a hard game like Devil May Cry is going to be way off from the amount of hours you've actually sunk into it [​IMG]

8. twisteddeeds

Member twisteddeeds GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    about 300 hours on oblivion x360 then another 300 on ps3 version lol

9. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    With Pokémon Silver I've probably have played over 150 hours. That's about the most of a single player game.
    At the moment I've got already 131 hours of Fifa 08 in the past 2 months or so. I'm just addicted to Manager Mode [​IMG]

And for multiplayer games I have CoD 2 which I played 300 hours + according to my XFire.

10. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    About 80 hours of playing Fallout 3 (at least according to the timer, which should be off about 5-10 hours).

11. Joey Ravn

Member Joey Ravn F*** you, Nintendo!

Spain
    Let's see:

- All Pokémon titles combined, I've must have spent at least 600 hours since 1999. Heck, on my Platinum cart I've put 12:30 hours and I haven't even reached Route 203 yet.

- In Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction, since I started playing around December 2000, at least 250 hours. That game is just too awesome when played co-op.

- In WoW, around... 120 hours? Not much, really. I've played during two months some years ago, before TBC, and two other months last summer, just before WotLK. I guess it's good, but Diablo 2 is much, much better [​IMG]

Edit: No, I've spent much more on Pokémon than 500 hours... Maybe 600, but I guess it can easily be more.

12. Twiffles

Member Twiffles танковые победы

Germany
    200~ hours in Pokemon Yellow; I leveled like 30 Pokemon to lv. 100.
    100~120 in FFXII and I'm not even done.
    250+ in Tales of the Abyss. >.>

13. Reaper

Member Reaper Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂

United States
    A lot of time on Pokemon Blue, especially after I found out about missingno. And a lot on SWBF2

14. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    Hard to say really, I know Ive probably spent a few hundred hours playing games like Gears of War, and GTA 3. I imagine Ive spent a few hundred hours playing the Advance Wars games too, they are my favourites and the reason I got a DS. In one sitting my record is probably Metal Gear 4, I spent about 14 hours in one day completing it a couple of months back. The final cut scene almost broke me, I was very close to switching the thing off and going to sleep lol.

Lately Ive been playing a lot of Killzone 2, I love the multiplayer on it, Ive clocked up about 24 hours worth of play time online alone. (still havent finished it though)

15. Acenima

Member Acenima GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I've spent more then 200 hours on each pokemon game

16. ConJ

Member ConJ The Toker

United Kingdom
    Call Of Duty World At War on the Wii. 10 days play, 240 hours. Just love the online multiplayer, and the levelling up.

Before that, probably the Tony Hawks games. Or Final Fantasy VIII on the PSone (120 hours)

17. rauthelegendary

Member rauthelegendary GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I've played Guild Wars and it's expansions for 2500 hours within two years. In those two years I also had a lot of months where I didn't play the game at all. So one and a half year is a better estimate. The game was incredibly addicting and after all those hours I just got sick of it one day. I tried a few times to play the game again, but I couldn't be bothered anymore. I've developed some kind of allergy towards (M)MORPG. I got bored of WoW in a month or so. First I was really excited about Guild Wars 2, now I don't really care. The only MMORPG I'm looking forward to is The Old Republic, because I love the Star Wars universe and the KotOR games, I would've been happier with KotOR 3 though.

After that it's Pokemon (if you count the entire series), a combined total of 1000+ hours. Leaf Green was the highest with around 240 hours. With single games it's Team Fortress 2. I've just passed the 300 hours mark with that game. Modern Warfare is around the 250 hours, but I don't play it anymore. Star Wars Battlefront II is about the same as Modern Warfare, I'm really hoping a part III comes out... Other games high on my list are Battlefield 2 and 2142, The Movies and Digimon World 2 (I loved that game as a kid!). I also have a huge amount of games that didn't make the 100 hour mark or that I just forgot.

18. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    In Golden Sun: The Lost Age, collectivelly, I mananged to rack up an amazing 600+ hours, 200 on a single play through. Mainly from fighting wonderbirds to level up to 99, think a sequal would come out.

19. Fabis94

Member Fabis94 Xbawx playa

Latvia
    I played RuneScape for 2-3 years [​IMG]

20. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    I hope to god you have stopped though. [​IMG]