Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, this is a gaming community, I know. And I also know that most people nowadays don't like reading books... But what are you reading right now? What's your latest book read?

For me, the last book I've read is Paradise Lost, by John Milton. It's mind-blowing, I strongly suggest you read it if you've got time. Right now I'm reading Sense and Sensibility, by Jane Austen. To be honest, I'm enjoying much. I'm reading it to get to know the author by my own experience, not from the information my teachers give me. It's not bad, of course, but it's not my cup of tea.

What about you, tempers?

pokioh243

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
BRISINGR!!!!!
yay.
moogle.gif

Smatchmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Road by Cormac McCarthy was the last book I've read, but I read that months ago.
frown.gif
I need to carve out more time to read books, but I'm so busy doing fuck all.

Great book, regardless.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last one was probably Paul McCartney: Many Years From Now.

Nothing for at least year sadly unless you count comic book compilations. Can't seem to read none picture books and concentrate on the story nowadays.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
18 Seconds from George D. Shuman...still reading it, not as good as expected, but hey, better than watching TV
tongue.gif
. It's good when your School has a free, up-to-date library..this way, I won't run out of books
tongue.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last books I read were the old Dragonlance series double trilogy:
Dragons of Autumn Twilight/Winter Night/Spring Dawning

and

Time/War/Test of the Twins.

I recently re-bought all those books because my originals were read to tatters. I've read the entire series about 10 times over the years. Love those books.

Before that.....Harry Potter Deathly Hallows.

Used to read a lot of Stephen King, but stopped after the terrible Needful Things book disappointed me with its predictability and general lameness.

Been trying to get my hands on the Spell Singer books by Alan Dean Foster....I have the first book, but they are out of print now and I can't find them anywhere.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Wow, this thread reminded me that I haven't read anything in a while.

I think the last thing I read was Maddox's Alphabet of Manliness, and that was last year.

SonicRax

Egg-Mayo: The Movie
Trophies
XP
Country
Things Fall Apart, by Chinua Achebe - we had to read it for our English exam. Pretty good novel, although I hated the main character with a passion.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Re-read both One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and Fahrenheit 451 last week for a class. Haven't touched those novels since the beginning of high school. It's nice to revisit them now that I have a greater understanding of the significant themes and events present within the novels.
laugh.gif

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Either Fahrenheit 451 for my summer reading project last year or Eldest were the last books I really read out of my own will... I can't remember, but I'm going to read Brisingr soon and I have to read Mythology for this summer reading project even though I generally hate reading books.

Unless you count what I'm reading in class which is The Giver.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
The Grapes of Wrath - Boring at first, but still really good.
The Mysterious Man by Mark Twain - Fucking awesome, but religious people won't enjoy it. (An angel named Satan, lol)

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
David Lodge's "Small World". Read it! Do it for the lulz, Joey! "Changing Places" and "Nice Work" seem to be good (haven't read those, but I've heard good of them).

I'm now reading "The Sun Also Rises" by Hemingway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.