What's the gimmick behind Mario & Luigi RPG 3?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Link5084, Feb 15, 2009.

Feb 15, 2009
  1. Link5084
    OP

Member Link5084 Sword & Shield at your service

United States
    Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time had babies as the gimmick that you can play with. What's so special about Mario & Luigi RPG 3 now that the babies aren't in it. Also, can anyone explain the story? I'm going to wait for the American release so I want to know if its better than the first two games.

2. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    I think Bowser eats Mario and Luigi.

3. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    The gimmick is that Mario & Luigi are in Bowser and is side scrolling when hes inside him. The other gimmick is you control Bowser separately. The story is theres a disease spreading that makes everyone huge and your out to cure it.

4. Exbaddude

Member Exbaddude The Prince.

Canada
    You can play as Bowser/Koopa. You play as Mario, Luigi and Bowser. Mario & Luigi is inside of Bowser. You gotta work as a team when battling.

5. Link5084
    OP

Member Link5084 Sword & Shield at your service

United States
    Wait, if Mario & Luigi are in Bowser, does it alternate between Bowser outside and Mario & Luigi doing tasks inside Bowser? So is Bowser pretty much the main protagonist in the story?

6. DeadLocked

Member DeadLocked Bi-Winning.

United Kingdom
    Well I wouldn't say he's the main guy but he's not just 'big scary boss battle at the end' like in most of mario games. Hard to explain but Bowser and mario and luigi are on 'mutual agreement' from what I can tell. M&L want to get out and Bowser wants them out. Tell you what though I'm wonderin if we ever get to go outside again [​IMG] It's all slimy inside bowser lmao