What's the game you regret purchasing the most?

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FFXII. Only game I ever bought that I never finished. It had way too many little things that pushed the annoyingness level high enough that I didn't want to continue anymore. I think I was like 5 hours from final boss.

D

Deleted User

Duke Nukem Forever, had that game preordered forever ago and was beyond disappointed.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Romancing Saga 2. It didn't come with a manual, so It's hard to understand how to play it.
Xenoblade Chronicles X has so very small font and never been fixed, that I hardly play it even if i was so excited to play it. I just haven't touched it again. (I'll only hope it get switch port and a fix for the damn font)

I bought Shovel Knight on switch, even though I had it on wii u. I thought that the Specter Knight story was exclusive but it was a free update on all versions. I got the wii u version on discount for less than $15 but the switch game and all other current ones cost $25 :wtf:

I'm starting to Regret buying Monster Hunter world, that game isn't fun playing alone. :(

There is a lot more but It's just the ones I can remember right now since I talk about them the most.

What you regret paying full price for one of the best games on the DS?? That makes no sense.
He didn't buy chrono trigger, he bought Final Fantasy III :creep:

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Romancing Saga 2. It didn't come with a manual, so It's hard to understand how to play it.
Xenoblade Chronicles X has so very small font and never been fixed, that I hardly play it even if i was so excited to play it. I just haven't touched it again. (I'll only hope it get switch port and a fix for the damn font)

I bought Shovel Knight on switch, even though I had it on wii u. I thought that the Specter Knight story was exclusive but it was a free update on all versions. I got the wii u version on discount for less than $15 but the switch game and all other current ones cost $25 :wtf:

I'm starting to Regret buying Monster Hunter world, that game isn't fun playing alone. :(

There is a lot more but It's just the ones I can remember right now since I talk about them the most.

He didn't buy chrono trigger, he bought Final Fantasy III :creep:
And I said one of the best not the best lol.

Song of storms

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What you regret paying full price for one of the best games on the DS?? That makes no sense.
I'm a fan of the serie but I hated how they made the remake, both visually and the choices of gameplay (the fights were super slow). Not to mention that the game would sometimes freeze. It's something you just can't say it's nothing when the game forbids you from saving into dungeons.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a fan of the serie but I hated how they made the remake, both visually and the choices of gameplay (the fights were super slow). Not to mention that the game would sometimes freeze. It's something you just can't say it's nothing when the game forbids you from saving into dungeons.
There is a reason why it wasn't released internationally before the NDS version came out. Doesn't have what Final Fantasy IV has which was the second game to be released internationally for snes. There is actual reasons why they had not released some of them until a decade ago. (You could guest, it may be obvious) :ninja:

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess the only one is Red Steel, because I stopped buying games at launch after that, unless it was something from a series I knew wouldn't let me down.

ExploitJunkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fate/Extella:the umbral star for switch I played like 15 min in and was like seriously wtf is this lol. Id rather of had 5 copies of FF3 than 1 copy of this garbage.

Reactions: AmandaRose

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Command & conquer Tiberian sun. The original c&c ended with a short teaser for it (this was years before 'teaser' became a word, btw), so i wanted it probably before they even started making it. Red alert was certainly good, but i liked the original lore more. So i basically expected it to be c&c with the things red alert added.

I... Didn't get that. It didn't have naval battles. Some vehicles were ridiculously overpowered (i remember ending the first campaign with nothing but ONE Mammoth tank and a repair vehicle... The rest of the base i just left to defend itself).
The lore branched into aliens, which i didn't like (this was a Amy vs terrorists thing, originally). Worse: the cutscenes didn't include you as the silent protagonist commander, but some actor who seemingly got credit for the missions the player achieved.

I think i pawned the game less than a week after release... And learned that i got almost nothing for it (i had no idea on the process of second hand markets at that time). Nonetheless: i felt sorry for the store for paying anything on what i then described as garbage.

On hindsight, i was probably too harsh on my judgment. It certainly tried new things, and if nothing else: it's probably with this knowledge that red alert 2 (imho te best rts in te world up until starcraft 2) came to be.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
New/full price: SSB4, I mean I did get a satisfactory amount of gameplay out of it (which I quantify as "better than 1 €/hour"), but the lack of usable multiplayer options on a mainly-enjoyed-with-friends game really killed it

Least liked and least played: probably 007 Agent Under Fire fpr PS2 (I hate FPSes), though I didn't buy it to really play it either ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol