What's the game you regret purchasing the most?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Song of storms, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Song of storms
    OP

Song of storms GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 18, 2018
    Antarctica
    Final Fantasy III DS for me. I paid full price for it and months later it was super cheap everywhere.

2. JustANoob;)

JustANoob;) Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2016
    United States
    Computer
    The 3DS Mario vs Donkey Kong game. It just wasn't fun to play.

3. GameSystem

GameSystem GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    FFXII. Only game I ever bought that I never finished. It had way too many little things that pushed the annoyingness level high enough that I didn't want to continue anymore. I think I was like 5 hours from final boss.

4. AmandaRose

AmandaRose The Fallen Angel

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Glasgow
    What you regret paying full price for one of the best games on the DS?? That makes no sense.

5. supergamer368

supergamer368 yeeeeeoooowwwww

May 22, 2016
    United States
    Does anybody read locations?
    Sonic Forces. Why did I ever think that game would be good? It was AWFUL. I gladly traded it in recently for Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy. Much better game.

Voxel likes this.
  6. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ Embrace yourself

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Many moons away
    Yoshi's disappointing Island on 3DS. The game was just insultingly easy, the story was just bad, and the music literally caused my liver to fail.

Ricken and ry755 like this.
  7. kikongokiller

kikongokiller GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 12, 2017
    Australia
    Duke Nukem Forever, had that game preordered forever ago and was beyond disappointed.

8. adrienabadie

adrienabadie Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2017
    Venezuela
    I regret getting Mario Party Island Tour when Club Nintendo closed thinking that it was going to be like Mario Party DS.

9. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Romancing Saga 2. It didn't come with a manual, so It's hard to understand how to play it.
    Xenoblade Chronicles X has so very small font and never been fixed, that I hardly play it even if i was so excited to play it. I just haven't touched it again. (I'll only hope it get switch port and a fix for the damn font)

I bought Shovel Knight on switch, even though I had it on wii u. I thought that the Specter Knight story was exclusive but it was a free update on all versions. I got the wii u version on discount for less than $15 but the switch game and all other current ones cost $25 :wtf:

I'm starting to Regret buying Monster Hunter world, that game isn't fun playing alone. :(

There is a lot more but It's just the ones I can remember right now since I talk about them the most.

He didn't buy chrono trigger, he bought Final Fantasy III :creep:

10. VinsCool

VinsCool Cattus Incerta Tacitusque

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    I... don't know, honestly.

There are games I bought I didn't like that much, but I have no regret for adding them in my collection.

Glyptofane likes this.
  11. AmandaRose

AmandaRose The Fallen Angel

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Glasgow
    And I said one of the best not the best lol.

12. Song of storms
    OP

Song of storms GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 18, 2018
    Antarctica
    I'm a fan of the serie but I hated how they made the remake, both visually and the choices of gameplay (the fights were super slow). Not to mention that the game would sometimes freeze. It's something you just can't say it's nothing when the game forbids you from saving into dungeons.

13. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    There is a reason why it wasn't released internationally before the NDS version came out. Doesn't have what Final Fantasy IV has which was the second game to be released internationally for snes. There is actual reasons why they had not released some of them until a decade ago. (You could guest, it may be obvious) :ninja:

14. Edgarska

Edgarska Conjurer of cheap tricks

Oct 24, 2011
    United States
    I guess the only one is Red Steel, because I stopped buying games at launch after that, unless it was something from a series I knew wouldn't let me down.

15. Glyptofane

Glyptofane Death Dealer

Feb 12, 2009
    United States
    Mario's Time Machine, although I had asked my father to buy it for me as a kid.

16. ExploitJunkie

ExploitJunkie GBAtemp Regular

Dec 4, 2017
    United States
    Fate/Extella:the umbral star for switch I played like 15 min in and was like seriously wtf is this lol. Id rather of had 5 copies of FF3 than 1 copy of this garbage.

AmandaRose likes this.
  17. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Command & conquer Tiberian sun. The original c&c ended with a short teaser for it (this was years before 'teaser' became a word, btw), so i wanted it probably before they even started making it. Red alert was certainly good, but i liked the original lore more. So i basically expected it to be c&c with the things red alert added.

I... Didn't get that. It didn't have naval battles. Some vehicles were ridiculously overpowered (i remember ending the first campaign with nothing but ONE Mammoth tank and a repair vehicle... The rest of the base i just left to defend itself).
    The lore branched into aliens, which i didn't like (this was a Amy vs terrorists thing, originally). Worse: the cutscenes didn't include you as the silent protagonist commander, but some actor who seemingly got credit for the missions the player achieved.

I think i pawned the game less than a week after release... And learned that i got almost nothing for it (i had no idea on the process of second hand markets at that time). Nonetheless: i felt sorry for the store for paying anything on what i then described as garbage.

On hindsight, i was probably too harsh on my judgment. It certainly tried new things, and if nothing else: it's probably with this knowledge that red alert 2 (imho te best rts in te world up until starcraft 2) came to be.

18. Pluupy

Pluupy _(:3」∠)_

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Paper Mario Sticker Star...

I hate it so much.

MateoSebasBV likes this.
  19. Catastrophic

Catastrophic Perfectly Normal

Apr 28, 2012
    Somewhere
    Fire Emblem Warriors. Hadn't played a Dynasty Warriors game before and will probably never again after playing this. So bloody dull.

20. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    New/full price: SSB4, I mean I did get a satisfactory amount of gameplay out of it (which I quantify as "better than 1 €/hour"), but the lack of usable multiplayer options on a mainly-enjoyed-with-friends game really killed it

Least liked and least played: probably 007 Agent Under Fire fpr PS2 (I hate FPSes), though I didn't buy it to really play it either ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)