Gaming What's the easiest way to upload media to xbox360?

Gagarin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I want to upload some music, movies to my Xbox? What's the easiest way (I don't know, USB cable, Jump drive) I don't want to go online.

My friend bought some games from Microsoft Online store. How to transport that game on my Xbox?

What chances are to get banned from online service if I have flashed Xbox?
What banning is? I can't play online anymore? I can't buy enything from Live?

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
From my understanding the only way to upload music to the 360's harddrive is to insert audio cds and let it rip them. Which takes forever.

However, you can plugin a usb drive (iPod, mp3 player, flash drive, external usb harddrive, etc) and it can play from it, but not copy from it. You can also stream music to the 360 from your computer using Orb/Winamp Remote (there may also be other services that work with the 360).

Not sure about copying videos, but you can play from a usb drive or stream.

As far as bought games from Live, they are tied to your friend's account and can't be used on your account. But you can use them on your console if you login with his account.

I don't know about chances of getting banned. But I know if you do get banned you can't connect to live. Which does mean no more online multiplayer and no more purchasing anything from Live. Both your account and console get banned.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I want to upload some music, movies to my Xbox? What's the easiest way (I don't know, USB cable, Jump drive) I don't want to go online.

My friend bought some games from Microsoft Online store. How to transport that game on my Xbox?

What chances are to get banned from online service if I have flashed Xbox?
What banning is? I can't play online anymore? I can't buy enything from Live?

Well prepared to be disappointed just like I was when I first found out this info:

1. You can't upload movies to your 360's hdd. If you want movies, you're gonna have to dl them from XBL marketplace.
2. The only way to get music onto it is to put an actual cd in there and let it rip. So if you have a huge mp3 collection, you'd have to burn a ton of audio cds and then let the 360 rip it to its hdd. LAME.

The good news is that you can put all your shit (movies, pictures, music) on an external hdd or memory device and connect it to the 360 via usb. That works great. Personally I have my 360 networked to my PC so I just stream my stuff from my PC. That works great too as long as you have a decent connection.

Another option is to burn your media and shit to a dvd and pop it in there.

No one knows the exact chances of you being banned from XBL if you flash your 360. Although playing fucked up backup increases your chances of being caught dramatically. So use proper backups and check to make sure they are properly stealthed.

When you get banned, your 360 won't be able to connect to XBL at all. So, no more playing online and no more downloading shit, period. Thats a harsh punishment if you play online alot but if you don't use XBL anyway, it wouldn't matter too much.

Also, the games your friend downloaded will only work on HIS 360. You can't transport an arcade game from his system to yours.

Gagarin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
blink.gif

Wow. That's doesn't sound good....
What if I will take my hdd to freind and get all his arcade games on it?

So you can't hack Xbox HDD? Put anything on it?

Now I'm sad...

Gagarin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, so no HD Rez (chlip), no personal avatar, no Nightmare before Christmas, No south Park (chlip)...
I don't want to connect my xbox online becouse it's flashed...

woody0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well iv had mine flashed for nearly 2 weeks now, iv been playing online which are straight rips from real games so mne are basicaly stealthed like hell. and iv been reported by anybody who knows about my flashing and MS have done nothing about it (probably because they cant tell the difference
biggrin.gif
)

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I still think M$ spends a few months building up data about you, then they do the mass ban.

I dont think its like that. People getting banned everyday. Its just that one screwed up rip that gets released one day and the problem isnt found until after lots of people get banned for playing it lol. Just a theory of mine......

diew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
The good news is that you can put all your shit (movies, pictures, music) on an external hdd or memory device and connect it to the 360 via usb. That works great. Personally I have my 360 networked to my PC so I just stream my stuff from my PC. That works great too as long as you have a decent connection.

So does this mean that all I need is ANY external hard drive, connect it to the 360 via USB and it should read the contents in the external HDD from the dashboard? I'm considering getting a 360 and I have alot of movies downloaded onto my PC and with the 360, I can use it as a media player to watch the movies I downloaded which is easier than getting a DVD and burning the movies onto a DVD.

Thanks for the replies.

SavageWaffle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
woody0 said:
well iv had mine flashed for nearly 2 weeks now, iv been playing online which are straight rips from real games so mne are basicaly stealthed like hell. and iv been reported by anybody who knows about my flashing and MS have done nothing about it (probably because they cant tell the difference
biggrin.gif
)

Your screwed boy. They are doing somthing, there scanning your Xbox whenever you go online and dl or play multi w/ other people. Try to stay outa online, then start playing again. Cause everytime something requires a download.

diew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW: was wondering if the 360 can play any video files off of an external hard drive. Can it play RMVB files or only certain files such as AVI or MPEG.

GN-001 Exia

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
diew said:
BTW: was wondering if the 360 can play any video files off of an external hard drive. Can it play RMVB files or only certain files such as AVI or MPEG.

X360 only has DIVX (Xvid), H.264, WMV, MP4 as playable video files. You need a streaming program in order to play other types of codec container (OGG, MKV etc) or convert them to said codecs.

If the external drive doesn't need PC drivers I am assuming it will work just like USB thumb drives. I could be wrong though. I never use my X360 in this way.

QUOTE(jalaneme @ Apr 20 2008, 04:30 AM) can't you use FTP like you can on the old xbox?

X360 hasn't been fully hacked like the original. best people can do is stream content over LAN. TVersity is the only program I can think of. IIRC another exists but you need Media center XP or Vista Home Premium(?) to use it.

godsakes

Trophies
XP
Country
The best way to use your 360 as a media player is to link it as an extender via a media centre pc. Once this is done you can browse the shared folders on your pc via the 360 and play them.

it saves you the hassle of buring off countless DVDs or even the hassle of swapping discs (i know that sounds lazy but once you're used to browsing for your files you just can't be bothered to dig around in your DVD collection)

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
godsakes said:
The best way to use your 360 as a media player is to link it as an extender via a media centre pc. Once this is done you can browse the shared folders on your pc via the 360 and play them.

it saves you the hassle of buring off countless DVDs or even the hassle of swapping discs (i know that sounds lazy but once you're used to browsing for your files you just can't be bothered to dig around in your DVD collection)

You don't need media centre to do this now, all you need is WMP11.

diew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MC DUI said:
godsakes said:

You don't need media centre to do this now, all you need is WMP11.

How would you go about linking the 360 to your PC? Via an Ethernet cable?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: