Hacking What's the different between freeshop and other site cia ?

kkusagami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I have slow internet speed ,so would always end up using torrent site or splits files for downloading.
My net require 9 hours to download 1gb size of files, so if I using freeshop ,i will need to open my 3ds for so many hours to download a game.
Due to latest banwave issues ,if i download through freeshop for long hours ,will i be getting ban? My n3dsxl is a newly purchased last week comes with firmware 11.2.

I haven't started to mod my 3ds yet,but i plan to follow that guide soon.
Could someone enlighten me what should i do to get the cia games from ?
Is RF cia a legit cia or illegit cia?

Thank you in advance.

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Simply use Wii U USB helper on your PC to download games from Nintendo's servers. That way they won't log you using homebrew (Freeshop) while being online on your 3DS and the download speed will be faster.

kkusagami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Simply use Wii U USB helper on your PC to download games from Nintendo's servers. That way they won't log you using homebrew (Freeshop) while being online on your 3DS and the download speed will be faster.

Thank you ,it tooks me 2 days time to figure out how to use that helper ,and the thing is the title database doesn't has much game titles that i wanted to get ,so i decided to take another route which is other iso sites.

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You won't be banned for having wifi on for too long on your 3DS, that's just plain stupid.
I still play online with mine all the time and no ban.

But anyways, I used to have a pretty slow connection too, around 6 hours for 1gb and still used FreeShop.
There's no real problem with leaving your 3DS on overnight plugged in.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Wait what? Does Wii U USB helper also pack it as cia?

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you ,it tooks me 2 days time to figure out how to use that helper ,and the thing is the title database doesn't has much game titles that i wanted to get ,so i decided to take another route which is other iso sites.
Hard to believe since it rarely lacked a game I searched for (mainly brand new games) but I'm glad you found what you were looking for! :)
Wait what? Does Wii U USB helper also pack it as cia?
Yup, just hit the "Pack to CIA" box while it's downloading. It's in the "actions to perform once downloading finished" section.

Reactions: Garou

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is RF cia a legit cia or illegit cia?
Region free = modded = nonlegit
(unless of course the game was originally region free, this is true of all N3DS SNES virtual consoles, the mainline Pokemon games, and some more others - in general I personally avoid cias from forums because you never know if or how they're been edited, I always download direct from Nintendo whenever possible)

All tickets generated with titlekeys (thus Freeshop, Ciangel, Funkeycia, 3DSeStuff...) are also guaranteed to be nonlegit, as we can't sign tickets

The only legit titles are:
System titles (for all consoles)
Preinstalled digital games on bundle-console (for all consoles)
eShop purchases, including game updates and DLC (for your console)
100% or trimmed, but unedited, gamecard dumps (obviously for all consoles)
(Converting between cia<>3ds removes legitness)
(Wii U is a different beast)
(Legitness doesn't really matter if you have CFW)

kkusagami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Region free = modded = nonlegit
(unless of course the game was originally region free, this is true of all N3DS SNES virtual consoles, the mainline Pokemon games, and some more others - in general I personally avoid cias from forums because you never know if or how they're been edited, I always download direct from Nintendo whenever possible)

All tickets generated with titlekeys (thus Freeshop, Ciangel, Funkeycia, 3DSeStuff...) are also guaranteed to be nonlegit, as we can't sign tickets

The only legit titles are:
System titles (for all consoles)
Preinstalled digital games on bundle-console (for all consoles)
eShop purchases, including game updates and DLC (for your console)
100% or trimmed, but unedited, gamecard dumps (obviously for all consoles)
(Converting between cia<>3ds removes legitness)
(Wii U is a different beast)
(Legitness doesn't really matter if you have CFW)

So do you mean that playing with Gateway3DS is the best thing for selfdump 3dz?
I have selfdump my Pokemon Moon and then converted into .cia ,so it has becoming nonlegit,right?
I don't quite get your meaning of " Wii U is a different beast " and " Legitness doesn't really matter if you have CFW " .

My firmware couldn't support Gateway,and is that possible for me to downgrade it to 9.2?
If the downgrade possible, could you link me the steps of how to do that?

Lastly thank you for explaining things to me,I am very appreciated.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You won't be banned for having wifi on for too long on your 3DS, that's just plain stupid.
I still play online with mine all the time and no ban.

But anyways, I used to have a pretty slow connection too, around 6 hours for 1gb and still used FreeShop.
There's no real problem with leaving your 3DS on overnight plugged in.

Okay,thank you for clarification. But it is still sucks to download something big size, i prefer getting it with torrent sites.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So do you mean that playing with Gateway3DS is the best thing for selfdump 3dz?
Godmode9, Decrypt9, Gateway launcher can all create legit .3ds dumps

I have selfdump my Pokemon Moon and then converted into .cia ,so it has becoming nonlegit,right?
Correct, converting cia to 3ds, or 3ds to cia, always results in a nonlegit title

I don't quite get your meaning of " Wii U is a different beast "
If we consider 3ds as "backup of physical game" and cia as "installer for a digital game", on a Wii U you can indeed convert a physical game to digital and have it still be legit, not on a 3DS because one part of the file must be edited

" Legitness doesn't really matter if you have CFW "
To install (legit) titles all you need is an arm11 exploit, to run a CFW, which enables you to install and run nonlegit titles (or install a9lh/sighax via software) you must have an arm9 exploit which is "more powerful"
Therefore, legit cias were of interest to those people on versions with an arm11 but not an arm9 exploit available, while legit .3ds were of interest to Sky3DS users
Now that any version, past present or future, can be hacked with sighax, there's no practical advantage to legit titles anymore (except of course preservation interest and perfectionism)

My firmware couldn't support Gateway,and is that possible for me to downgrade it to 9.2?
If you really wanted to downgrade, 11.2 has an arm9 exploit available, so it's possible to run arm9 homebrews like Godmode9 or Decrypt9, and use them to flash a ctrtransfer image containing the 9.2 operating system

But exactly since there's an arm9 exploit, 9.2 isn't any more powerful, hacking wise, than 11.2

And honestly, unless you are interested in cheats, I would just avoid Gateway - it has many disadvantages (many of them can be blamed on doing the barely minimum effort to make their card work) which force you to use less than ideal solutions (emunand), not update to 11.3+, and miss out on many features found in other CFWs (one of the missing features could potentially damage your console or at least your mod if you update it)

Reactions: kkusagami

kkusagami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Thank you so much for all the explanations, @Ryccardo .
Now that i have boot9strap,luma 8.0 ,11.4 sysnand, how do I create emunand without Gateway? and can I revert to original firmware of 11.2 anymore?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
how do I create emunand without Gateway?
Using the "format SD card" feature of Godmode9
Note that an emunand, while required to safely use Gateway, is a handicap (replacing SD card is more complicated, you can't remove it with the power on, wasted space, can't run DS/DSi/GBA games from emunand)

and can I revert to original firmware of 11.2 anymore?
If you created a nand backup first (which I'm not sure if the 3ds.guide still recommends)
There are other ways to go back to 11.2 but they're not as clean

kkusagami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Using the "format SD card" feature of Godmode9
Note that an emunand, while required to safely use Gateway, is a handicap (replacing SD card is more complicated, you can't remove it with the power on, wasted space, can't run DS/DSi/GBA games from emunand)

If you created a nand backup first (which I'm not sure if the 3ds.guide still recommends)
There are other ways to go back to 11.2 but they're not as clean

I have Gateway3DS leftover for some time ago,I haven't touch any 3ds since my o3ds broken a year ago.
So even if gateway3ds support 11.4 ,i still cant even use the redcard to setup gateway,right? because my sysnand is 11.4.

the 3ds,guide indeed saying to backup nand ,and i did follow everything there,but the backup nand section was only after updated to 11.4.
So it is still possible to revert back to 11.2 without hardmod?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have Gateway3DS leftover for some time ago,I haven't touch any 3ds since my 3ds broken a year ago.
So even if gateway3ds support 11.4 ,i still cant even use the redcard to setup gateway,right? because my sysnand is 11.4.
Don't confuse "support" = being able to start on this version, with "support" = being able to run this version

The first definition is, for any CFW, "11.2 on an unmodded console, any version if you already have A9LH or Sighax/B9S"
The second one depends on the CFW, and Gateway can only run 11.2 or lower

but the backup nand section was only after updated to 11.4.
So it is still possible to revert back to 11.2 without hardmod?
Hardmod or not doesn't matter

But since you only have an 11.4 nand backup, you would need to find an 11.2 ctrtransfer image (which may or may not publicly exist) and flash it with Decrypt9/Godmode9
or a full 11.2 cia set (again, not guaranteed to exist, it's too late to legally download one direct from Nintendo) and install it with a CFW that patches the minimum version check (Luma had it in the past, not sure if it still does but probably yes)

Reactions: kkusagami

kkusagami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Don't confuse "support" = being able to start on this version, with "support" = being able to run this version

The first definition is, for any CFW, "11.2 on an unmodded console, any version if you already have A9LH or Sighax/B9S"
The second one depends on the CFW, and Gateway can only run 11.2 or lower

Hardmod or not doesn't matter

But since you only have an 11.4 nand backup, you would need to find an 11.2 ctrtransfer image (which may or may not publicly exist) and flash it with Decrypt9/Godmode9
or a full 11.2 cia set (again, not guaranteed to exist, it's too late to legally download one direct from Nintendo) and install it with a CFW that patches the minimum version check (Luma had it in the past, not sure if it still does but probably yes)

Your explanations are very good,I think I have understand what you are saying for now, and one last question to ask from you.
If I edited my 3ds usa keyboard to japanese keyboard, will it possible be flagged by nintendo if going online?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If I edited my 3ds usa keyboard to japanese keyboard, will it possible be flagged by nintendo if going online?
Nobody except Nintendo can answer this question with facts, because we don't know what is actually sent in the analytics, and even if we did we can't know what criteria Nintendo used to ban

My personal experience is no ban on 2 consoles with analytics enabled and many custom titles (both edited keyboards and actual new unofficial apps)

kkusagami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Nobody except Nintendo can answer this question with facts, because we don't know what is actually sent in the analytics, and even if we did we can't know what criteria Nintendo used to ban

My personal experience is no ban on 2 consoles with analytics enabled and many custom titles (both edited keyboards and actual new unofficial apps)
Okay,thank you so much for your time and efforts. Thanks again,I serve you a bowl of Ginger + sweet potatoes soup for you.

14142061_10154065524538710_9100936626636942773_n.jpg

Reactions: Ryccardo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night