Gaming What's the definitive way to play Arms?

What's the definitive way to play Arms?

• Motion controls

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Button controls

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters

IE-coRe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I originally thought that the game was supposed to be played with motion controls only because that's what it was made for but for my third session of the global testpunch I decided to try how the pro controller works. I was surprised how much better jumping and dashing arround felt but on the other hand not being able to bend punches individually gives you a slight disadvantage. In my opinion both ways are viable options with their individual pros and cons. What do you guys think?

Benuno

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You can bend your punches individually with the left and right analog stick. The only downside is that you can't move while you punch with the left arm. I think it is a bit easier for beginners to play it via non-motion controls as the arm bending can be controlled more easily. But if you are used to motion control you should even have a small advantage against "button" players :D.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Definitive? What means definitive?
It depends.

If you want to win, and that is all that matters to you: Pro Controller/Buttons, it reacts faster and is more accurate.

If you want to be immersed in the experience: Motion controls, you feel the experience but it is less accurate.

IE-coRe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Definitive? What means definitive?
It depends.

If you want to win, and that is all that matters to you: Pro Controller/Buttons, it reacts faster and is more accurate.

If you want to be immersed in the experience: Motion controls, you feel the experience but it is less accurate.
By definite I mean what you would use on tournaments and other places where you'd want to be competitive. Probably that's gonna be button controls but I definitely agree that using motion controls is more immersive.

D

Deleted User

If you play competitively, button controls are just more accurate, responsive, and faster. Motion controls are fun but just not as good IMO.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I only played in handheld mode with button controls, and then in 2-player splitscreen online with one Joy-Con for each player, so I didn't have a chance to try out the motion controls yet, but the button controls work well. I should have read the help pages before playing though, there were a lot of things I didn't know about that the tutorial didn't explain that could have helped me win more.
The motion controls seem pretty simple and should work fine but I think the gimmick will wear off quickly, it's just like Wii Sports Boxing or Punch-Out Wii.

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Competitively Im pretty sure motion control will take off as the definitive way, its fast and intuitive and allows for greater control of your punches to pull off sweet set ups and combos, the motion controls are very responsive and well made

Reactions: ATofix and Benuno

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.