PS1/2 What's the deal with virtual controllers?

chaka_kahn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One question i have yet to get answered is whether or not the virtual console controller is essential to playing virtual console games, or is it possible to use a gamecube controller which has more than enough buttons to function adiquitly. Also, is the virtual controller wireless? Any answers would be much appreciated!

beedog19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The virtual console controller was created to be used specifically with the games released for the virtual console. I don't believe that the question of whether the controller can be used for GCN games and GCN controller for virtual console games has been answered. I actually am not positive whether you can use the controller for Wii games. What I can tell you is that it does have a wire but said wire plugs into the wii-mote and there is a clip on the back of the controller so that the wii-mote can be connected making it essentially wireless.

skywarp

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
One question i have yet to get answered is whether or not the virtual console controller is essential to playing virtual console games, or is it possible to use a gamecube controller which has more than enough buttons to function adiquitly. Also, is the virtual controller wireless? Any answers would be much appreciated!

I think you are talking about this classic controller?

800px-Wii_classic_controller.jpg

You don't need it to play downloabable games, you can use the regular wii mote+ analog attatchment, or a gamecube controller. I want one myself to play SSBB thou, I can't imagine playing it on the wiimote.

It's not technically wireless itself, it plugs into the wiimote like the analog attatchment.

classiccontr.jpg

chaka_kahn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, thanks a lot. That was very informative. But you said you wanted one for Brawl, but couldnt you play brawl with a gamecube controller, or is that only for downloadables?

chaka_kahn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And also, somewhat unrelated, does anybody know whether "points cards" are essencial to purchasing retro games on the wii, or can you do the same thing via credit card?

chaka_kahn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good, that makes things easier, not just on me, but my wallet! I thought it was essential to have a points card. phew!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: okies :D put 'em here :O