Hacking Whats the deal with the new UDB Loader GX?

SkeletonSmith

subscribe Skeleton Smith Gaming on youtube
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive seen so many posts on this site about the newest release of USB Loader GX not working (booting back to loader instead of game), including me. So whats the deal with that? Why are so many failing? When will an update come out and fix it? Why doesnt it work?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure what you're referring to. the only time I've had issues is when things got corrupted. everything works perfect presently including neek.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, I believe I'm using 3.0 r1272

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Ive seen so many posts on this site about the newest release of USB Loader GX not working (booting back to loader instead of game), including me. So whats the deal with that? Why are so many failing? When will an update come out and fix it? Why doesnt it work?

If you referring to the Black Screens and not working Flash Drives/not initializing HDDs,seemingly "freezeing" Install from Disc Option and this Things:

@Cyan recommends to use r1268 or 1271 for now.:)

It depends on many Factors,if you experience this Issues.

Some are maybe:

- which Loader IOS (58 or 249)
- installed cIOS Versions/Revisions and Slots used
- which HDD/USB Device Type/Brand

So to say in generell r1272 is not working is not really correct.:)

Thank you.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did have some corruption somewhere on the hdd a couple weeks ago. it corrupted dkc returns and neek. then, it would sometimes crash when opening usb loader gx. replacing the files on the sd card with fresh files and replacing the hdd fixed it. it must've been bad sectors, because it only happened with dkc returns. it would black screen. this in turn resulted in neek being unbootable. a new hdd fixed the bad sectors, but neek was still messed up, so I redumped the NAND, then put fresh neek2o on the hdd. I then injected the two games using it. everything works again. I thought it might be the hdd or the enclosure causing the problem, but I'm using the same enclosure, and same make/model hdd (replaced). anyway, it's frustrating when things like that happen, 'cause the cause could be anything like @alexander1970 mentioned.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu