Gaming Whats the deal with other region updates

Tweaked

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello all, im a little confused as how this other region update thing works fine.

Ive updated my wii with the SSBB japanese firmware, i got duplicate channels, but everything else is fine.

Paper mario wants to install an update, but im not sure if its worth bricking my wii over. I have tried looking, but cant find any solid documentation as to when it is ALRIGHT to take other region updates. Thank you for the time and sorry this is so similar to my other post, id like more clarification and though this forum may be more appropriate.

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
General rule:

DO NOT install an update from a different region (if it is your own region it is fine)

The exception being brawl, in which case you have to install at least part of it to get the dual layer disc to work. And only do that if you have the latest firmware (3.1E/U)

Though you shouldn't be asked to install any updates (except brawl) if you have the latest firmware.

If you do update your wii with foreign firmware, you 'semi-brick' your wii and cannot access the wii settings. (possibly can be cured by a higher firmware)

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
you say that people brick their Wiis if they install firmware from another region but people on here have been installing the firmware on a usa Wii from the japanese game? regardless of using the 15% trick or not.

i am considering updating my Wii with the usa firmware when the english release comes out as there is no way i will wait till autum for the pal release to come out, it's beyond a joke, having dual channels will be nothing compared to waiting 7-8 months for a pal release.

Doyvid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Interestingly, I just updated my Wii to 3.2E (got an email from nintendo... check your Wii's everyone!). Does this mean that Brawl won't update if I put in the japanese version?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr