Gaming What's the community for Triforce Heroes like these days?

Kwyjor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I played Triforce Heroes a little bit when it first came out – fortunately, I actually knew some other people with the game so we were able to play it in physical proximity to one another. They've all moved on to the Switch now, of course, but someone nearby happens to be selling a copy for cheap.

So, what's the online community like for this game in this far-off age of Fall 2019? Are people still playing the game at all? Are the people who are left mostly competent and cooperative? I hear the online community was initially really bad.

HelpTheWretched

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I still play TFH regularly and would be glad to arrange sessions.

As far as your question, yes, it's still fairly active online, especially in the early evening. But if you're trying to play a specific level then you might be waiting for a while. I usually pick "I can't decide!" for a random level, which dramatically increases the chances of connecting to other players. I rarely have to wait more than a few minutes.

Player experience is a crapshoot, though I think there are more newer players these days than experienced players. That's not really an issue for me because I enjoy showing newbies the ropes and helping them through tough stages. I'll often "play dumb" with the puzzle solutions and give them a chance to work it out, then drop hints if they need it.

Also of note, the matchmaking in TFH is awful to begin with, and always has been. Even when I know for a fact that other players online are waiting for me in a certain stage, the game still says there's nobody available. So it's impossible to tell how active the online community really is.

Kwyjor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Welp, had my first go at it today. First round went quite smoothly. Second round, someone gave up on the stage boss and after waiting a bit the two of us had to suicide each other before being able to make one last (unsuccessful) attempt. And the third round, someone was unresponsive, so rather than wait and see if he'd come back, I just quit – not realizing that the matchmaking seems to greatly discourage that. Afterwards I could not connect again. :-(

Perhaps tomorrow will be a better day.

ETA: Got online again with some people who seemed quite insistent on doing the Desert Temple Out of Bounds glitch, but that doesn't seem to actually be useful for anything..?

Last edited by Kwyjor,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.