Hacking Whats the cheapest flashcart that would work for a DS lite?

w4e

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a DS lite from my friend, and I want to get a flash cart. What is a cheap flashcart that would work, even if it requires a bit of tinkering?

stitchxd

Trophies
Website
gnusocial.me
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: w4e

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ds lite works with all (cheap clone) R4's none will need update, just watchout for timebomb firmware, though that is easy fixed by setting the console clock back each year.

w4e

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I looked around and I found the dstt for 8.99 at a place called nds-carts, is it too good to be true?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I assume that is USD rather than Yen.

They were never much more than that new (always a budget effort) and if indeed people are generally opting for emulators, hypervisors and the like with newer devices then I can see someone pricing low to get rid of stock.
Never heard of nds-carts before, though I have not been paying attention to shops for a while.

As far as ttds/dstt family... even with the nice third party loader they were never that fun.
As a choice for super budget flash cart though then you could probably do worse and you can almost certainly experience a good chunk of the DS library with one running as well or better than stock if you don't use a SD card you found in a vintage phone.

Afraid I don't really have a good "get this" type suggestion for a DS flash cart to play all the games, maybe with some cheats. Such a thing could exist (technically speaking nothing is different with the higher priced offerings in any way that matters, all down the software) but seems to be lacking in the world. Hopefully one day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol