Homebrew What’s the best way to use Twilight Menu?

YamiJustin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For playing DS rims? This was my previous method:
- Using an R4 SDHC flashcart. I made DS Forward shortcuts to the DS games for convenience.

But there are some other ways that work and I wanna know which is overall best:

1 - Twilight Menu installed on the 3DS SD, and running DS games from on the same SD.
2 - Twilight Menu to run the R4 card itself, which has its own micro SD with Roms on it.
3 - Running Twilight Menu from within the R4 card? Unless I misread something. If this is possible is it the same as the method above?

Lastly, is using DS Forwarders in any way going to inhibit performance? And it seems as if DS forwarders can allow me to again choose whether or not I’m using the R4 card or Twilight Menu

haloopdy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've used Twilight Menu on the 3DS SD (as an application) and it's been great. I had a lot of problems with flashcarts getting bumped and crashing the system, and having it all inside the 3DS solves all that. Plus, when it's on the 3DS, it's a bit easier to use whatever file manager you want on the 3DS itself to manage files. For instance, I have the FTP server application on my 3ds, so I don't even have to take the sd card out to put games on it, I just open the FTP server and dump the files from my computer. I would definitely recommend twilight menu on the 3ds if you've already got it hacked, it's very nice.

Reactions: djleviticus

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Maybe this is just me, but I had a lot of issues trying to get ROMs loading from flashcart on 3DS. I found the easiest and best method is just to load the ROMs from the 3DS microSD itself and not nothing with the flashcart loader.

Reactions: djleviticus

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://gbatemp.net/threads/videos-not-working-on-certain-sites-w-ms-edge-browser.645937/