whats the best way to play video files from DVD drive?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by cucukshow, Nov 24, 2008.

1. cucukshow
    OP

Newcomer cucukshow Member

Uzbekistan
    OK I have a wiikey

Homebrew channel and homebrew browser is working fine.

I been play around with various mplayer version etc, and got movies working off my USB drive.

Problem is I have a tonnes of movies already burned to blank DVD that I want to use.

What works best?

2. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mwinte3rnao
    that version there mplayerwii r19

it plays data dvds only!! avi etc, also plays from SD,USB

don't play original dvds there is a mplayer out there from team twiizers, but it's shit dead buggy
    also there is Geexbox, that is the best for playing off USB [​IMG]

for the mplayer to work you need to install dvdx off wiibrew

3. cucukshow
    OP

Uzbekistan
    thanks but mediafires is not working, you can put somewhere else maybe??

greetz
    (-:

4. djdynamite123

United Kingdom
  5. cucukshow
    OP

Uzbekistan
    i dump this over the top of existing dol file put there by homebrew browser?

tried like that and it was not work

i wonder if i install dvdx wrong? there are 3 choice to take, i have wiikey none was obvious the right one so i take option 1

6. djdynamite123

United Kingdom
    what? yeh overwrite that old .dol with the one i linked, also install dvdx if you have a modchip you said wiikey, what firmware you on??? if on 3.4 it wont work

7. cucukshow
    OP

Uzbekistan
    i did not update firmware for some time now, months!

8. djdynamite123

United Kingdom
    just install dvdx, that mplayerwii only supports data dvds, "not" original dvdvideo

9. homelessbrian

Newcomer homelessbrian Advanced Member

United States
    ive search around a bit. Are there any apps that will play divx from cdrs? Or is it divx from dvd only?

10. goodboy735

Member goodboy735 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    the wii can't read CDs, just DVDs

11. M31Supernova

Newcomer M31Supernova Member

United States
    Think you'de want mplayerwii to play divx but as already mentioned the wii don't read cd's. I don't think it even has access to the dvd drive either for it to play such data stored on a dvd.
    Far as I understand it the dvdx being talked about has nothing to do with such divx container type formats but rather it simply unlocks or gains us access to the hardware based ability of the drive itself to play raw dvd.

cucukshow, Only been messing with HB for a day now but I think I heard in a Readme or in a forum topic that for chip modded wii to do dvd through the Mplayer (twiizer ver) ya need to do a patch as well besides doing the dvdx install. Setting archive bit on sd might apply also. Here read this: http://forum.wiibrew.org/read.php?17,601,page=1

djdynomite, what part is buggy for you on the Mplayer besides the 'libdvdnav' menu selection problem?. Was only thing I found wrong in it. I would say it pretty important to have use of a dvd's menu's these days so I would luv it if that bug is worked out. Been watching cloned movie versions for years anyways without menu's so I'll survive abit longer without. If they fix that AND somebody offers up a channel/wad thingy off main screen to get to player that much quiker I think it would be awesome tool and a great use of the wii system. My stupid Sony home theater unit with the built in dvd player took a dump and so been borrowing grandma's player. It is the shizzy having the mplayer going right now!

Just so folks know... the more recent HB app's on the HB browser like Mplayer (by ron) and Mplayerwii don't do dvd. Only the older Mplayer dvdlib version by twiizer does.