What's the best way to play snes games on my new 3ds xl?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Bryon15, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Bryon15
    OP

Bryon15 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 9, 2010
    United States
    united states
    Should I go with an emulator? Or virtual console injects?

2. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Virtual console injects. Or another portable system, perferbly android, like Nvidia shield portable. :P

3. Bryon15
    OP

Bryon15 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 9, 2010
    United States
    united states
    But can you make the aspect ratio larger on them? I don't like the small square screen.

4. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Umm well, i dunno, should be able to, nes VC has option to change screen size to full screen. But that only if @Asdolo found a way to do that, far as i know, the menu for vc has only one option. 4:3 and pixel perfect mode. NES VC has no option, you have to extract cia then open the config text in text editor to change size, then install after rebuild. His VC injection tool has a option to set the screen size when making Inject roms. But not for snes so ask about it. :P

CrispyCola likes this.
  5. jupitteer

jupitteer byErman™

Feb 17, 2017
    Antarctica
    Subcon
    It depends. Do you want just to play the games, and have it be cycle-accurate? If so go for VC injects. Do you want cheats/drag and drop roms? If so, go with snes9x 3ds.

6. Bryon15
    OP

Bryon15 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 9, 2010
    United States
    united states
    I just discovered pocketsnes. It's great. It runs most games. Even super mario RPG and kirby super star.