Hacking What's the best way to install Wiiware/VC games' wads and launch them through USB Loader GX?

goodeddie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I am going to just say that Pokemon Rumble...along with NES Ice Climbers is not compatible with EmuNAND. But please still try to get Pokemon Rumble on your system and let me know the results.

I have another case where I can use ModMii to create a brand new nand but this is getting complicated.

I'll try to set up Neek2o soon and give updates.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't use modmii to create a fresh nand. Your nand is fine.

Also is Pokemon Rumble an N64 game? If so then there is a good chance it needs neek2o. Most N64 games do.

goodeddie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't use modmii to create a fresh nand. Your nand is fine.

Also is Pokemon Rumble an N64 game? If so then there is a good chance it needs neek2o. Most N64 games do.

Pokemon Rumble is a WiiWare. You can find it at the WeHackWii website.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'll be back in an hour. If my EmuNand is fine, then I can't think of anything else other than this game is not compatible. But the weird thing is that, before I deleted all the useless channels like Wii Internet, the loader would restart when I try to run Pokemon Rumble as opposed to telling me that the System Files are corrupt.

Thanks for all of the help!

goodeddie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how I did it but I managed to miss step 9. It didn't show up and the installation of SNEEK failed. I had to run it a second time to get step 9 and it was successful.

Reactions: Clutz450

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Clutz450 did you get to test Pokemon Rumble on your emunand?

I think I'm out of options and will install neek2o
Just tried it. Did it load at all for you? Loading it under normal CIOS emulation I got the screen which showed to hold the Wiimote sideways, then the title screen, I chose new game and a spot to save it. After that the screen went black and this weird sound was coming from my speakers. So it's safe to say it doesn't work for me either.

Now using neek2o it seemed to take a long time for it to load up but everything did load up fine and I was even able to play through the first few areas. So I think it's safe to say that you are going to need neek2o for that game.

goodeddie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Can you tell me about Neek wii system menu? How come it has the homebrew channel? Does it look for the nand on the root of the USB? When I open the SNEEK channel, is it supposed to bring me back to the real wii system menu?

goodeddie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't even run this game off of NEEK!!!!!

NOW I think my nand is corrupt. It was just a regular nand dump using USB Loader GX though...

I think I'll try ModMii to create new nand.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happened? Why do you think it's corrupt? Your real nand or emunand?

Do this before you create a new nand.
- Delete your current emunand. I don't remember if you had it on your SD card or USB drive. Just delete the whole folder. I think it is called nand.
- Now on the root of your USB drive create a folder called nand.
- Go into USB Loader GX and change the custom paths so that it points to the nand folder on your USD drive.
- Now in USB Loader GX dump your nand to emunand.
- Using USB Loader GX install the nk2o channel and pokemon rumble and any other game you want to your emunand.
- Follow my modmii guide for neek2o.
- Place the sneek folder from the copy to usb folder to the root of your usb drive. Do not copy anything to your sd card.
- Now go into pokemon rumble and change the settings for that game to boot using Neek and return to set to on.
- Now try it and see if it works.

Anyway, I'm going to bed now so if you need more help I'll answer you tomorrow morning.

Last edited by Clutz450,

goodeddie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good night. I failed. I created a new nand using ModMii and pointed to it and it still does not work. I cannot get USB Loader GX and SNEEK to play this game. :( I think I have to go back to ugly ULoader. :(

I am going to try to install Pokemon Rumble onto my Wii System Menu and see if it runs there. If it doesn't, then I screwed up my real nand by deleting all of those channels. That wasn't my fault though because Wii legitimately lets you delete those channels...

UPDATE: Pokemon Rumble still works when I install onto my real nand. *Phew*

Now I need to understand why Pokemon Rumble doesn't work but Cave Story does...

UPDATE: I've just installed Hermes cIOS 222 into 222/223/224. When I try to open Pokemon Rumble from USB Loader GX, it tells me "The system file for Pokemon Rumble is corrupted". This is a little different than the other generic error before.

When I try to load the game in ULoader, it tells me "00000002.app doesn't exist". Wiki gba compatibility list told me that installing Wads with ShowMiiWads will result in that error although I used USB Loader GX to install the Wad.

When I use uLoader to install the Wad and then run the game, it tells me the same "The system files are corrupted".

I'm starting to think that maybe this is a bad Wad file......

UPDATE: I've installed a new Wad file I got from another website. The first attempt yielded the same results saying it is corrupt. The second attempt I thought that if I press A fast enough to skip the wiimote warning screen, maybe it'll go through. AND IT DID! The third test was to just let it sit on the wiimote warning screen. It just sat there and waited for me to press A... So was it a bad Wad file? Or did I have to get past the wiimote warning screen once and that fixed the install?

Installing this new Wad using uLoader worked as well. My last test should be to delete the game from the nand and install using the old Wad. Now the old Wad is working........so is it that I have to attempt installation this many times just to "fix" my real nand?

Thanks for all of your support guys. I can rest now that I can play both types of games on USB Loader GX!

Next test is to see if emunand save files are consistant.

Last edited by goodeddie,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Mine's better. Lol.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx.149922/page-1075#post-5929568
I wrote mine because the ones I found online I found too confusing or didn't quite understand.
I also wrote one (or more), but it got lost in gbatemp history.
I'm writting to much tutorials and guides for users and they never are in real tutorial threads, just in random question threads. I should make a backlog one day to list them all.

edit:
one of the guide I wrote about neek :
https://gbatemp.net/posts/5508831
I don't know if modmii still work to generate neek files.

I wrote others neek guide, I don't remember when/where. I'll have to search all my posts.

Reactions: XC-3730C

goodeddie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys. I haven't tried it or I don't think I will but I haven't tried Pokemon Rumble on NEEK after last night but I think it should work now too.

goodeddie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone explain the difference between all the Covers like Full HQ cover and 3D Cover? I'm downloading all different types for one game and its taking like 30 minutes.

Also, Pokemon Rumble follows what you saw @Cust240 where I try to open a new save but it shows a black screen. The first time I run it, it says Pokemon Rumble is corrupt. The second time I run it, it went to a black screen. The third time I ran it, it works.

Last edited by goodeddie,

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who the heck is Cust240. Lol.

Anyway, so it's working for your now? Through neek?

Full cover is the entire cover both front and back. You can see it when you hover the pointer over the game and press button 2. Then click on the cover and you can view it both front and back and even zoom in and out.

3D cover is really a 2D that has been skewed and had a spine added so that it looks like it's 3D.

Last edited by Clutz450,

goodeddie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hahaha no wonder it didn't find anyone! @Clutz450

I got it working through USB Loader GX EmuNand and also uLoader Fat32.

Thanks for the info.

The only thing left to do is to partition my drive. I have a lot of WiiWare and want to know what the biggest FAT32 I should make. Are you 100% sure that WBFS formatted games can run from FAT32?

guisadop

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, I followed all the steps on the guides posted here, but nswitch freezes on "reloading bootmii IOS" while my disc drive flashes. I do have the bootmii IOS installed, should I maybe try to reinstall it?

goodeddie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I followed all the steps on the guides posted here, but nswitch freezes on "reloading bootmii IOS" while my disc drive flashes. I do have the bootmii IOS installed, should I maybe try to reinstall it?

What is Nswitch? What cIOS do you have installed in slot 249? If you want, you can paste a SysCheck here.

guisadop

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What is Nswitch? What cIOS do you have installed in slot 249? If you want, you can paste a SysCheck here.
Nswitch is a homebrew app used to boot neek2o. It was in a tutorial posted here. This is my syscheck; I don't know what exactly was done to the system seeing as I already bought it modded a few years ago. It's a non retro-compatible Wii.

sysCheck v2.0 by Double_A
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6175).
Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.3 (v513)
Hollywood v0x21
Console ID: 158813563
Boot2 v5
Found 88 titles.
Found 47 IOS on this console. 3 of them are stub.
IOS3 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS12 (rev 525): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS13 (rev 1031): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS14 (rev 1031): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS15 (rev 1031): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS17 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS20 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS21 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS22 (rev 1293): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS28 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS30 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS31 (rev 3607): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS33 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS34 (rev 3607): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS35 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS36 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS37 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS38 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS40 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS41 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS43 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS45 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS46 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS48 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS50 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS53 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS55 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS56 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS57 (rev 5918): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6175): No Patches
IOS60 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS61 (rev 5661): Trucha Bug
IOS70 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS80 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS202 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS224 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS236 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS249 (rev 21007): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250 (rev 20): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10
Report generated on 2016/03/12.

goodeddie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm seems like there are no custom IOS installed. I don't even know if you need custom IOS for neek2o but I have d2x v10 beta r52 base 56 on slot 249. Then I used ModMii to create the SNEEK folder and then used USB Loader GX to create the emunand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: