What's the best slot 2 solution for GBA SP?

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by uzima, Jul 20, 2007.

Jul 20, 2007
  1. uzima
    OP

Newcomer uzima Newbie

Canada
    Hi All

Im looking to buy a new slot 2 card for the GBA SP to allow playing GBA roms.

I have been looking at the Supercard Mini SD, but read that I will experience slowdowns in many GBA games, but is that true?

What would be the best choice for me to buy within $40?

Edit: And will the pokemon games be playable with the Supercard Mini SD without any special patch? (except supercard patcher).

Thanks.

2. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    Supercard has comparatively bad gba compatability.

If you want gba compatability maybe i'd suggest an ez product, however the ez4 doesn't have rtc so it needs a patch. G6

3. suppachipmunk

Member suppachipmunk GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I would try either a G6 or an M3.

I personally use an M3 Mini Perfect. It works excellent and I havent encountered a gba game that I couldnt play.

The only problem is that it is about $80 USD.

The next best solution is a G6 (chinese version) at dealextreme for $45 USD shipped. Be sure to apply the chinese firmware though.

4. uzima
    OP

Newcomer uzima Newbie

Canada
    Thanks for the replies. I have also looked at M3 and G6, but those solutions are a bit too expensive as im not going to play many GBA games other than the most "popular" ones.

But will the supercard mini sd play the pokemon games when patching with GBA tool?

And the ez product, do you mean this one? http://www.gameyeeeah.com/ezflash-iv-minisd-p-55.html

I read on this forum that the ez 4 mini sd has good compatibility for GBA, but don't have RTC (which pokemon requires). But is the extra patching for those games hard to figure out?

5. Byan

Newcomer Byan Newbie

United States
    I have the same question

6. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    The EZIV minisd is probably the best GBA flashcard in terms of compatibility and price.
    i reallly wish they would release an upgraded minisd version like they did for the lite...
    anyways, yes, RTC can be fixed.
    The geniuses at sosuke forums just about fix'd everything for the EZ4 that could be there. RTC patch for pokemon is one of those things.
    The only annoyance about nondeluxe EZ4's is that you have to load 32MB games into the NOR storage(which takes about 5 mins) but frtunately there arent many of those there.
    out of the 2700 GBA games, there are only 80 32 MB games.
    The EZ4 also allows NDS/GBA connectivity ( with some games requiring patches on the gba ) if you load the games to NOR storge.