Whats the best ROM to use?

Discussion in 'Android' started by Centrix, May 8, 2013.

1. Centrix
    OP

Centrix Stop Poking the Moogle!

Aug 28, 2008
    United States
    Seattle,WA
    So I have backed up my default rom and I want to install a new custom one but there are lots to choose from for my Galaxy S3 guys ;( I keep hearing allot about Cyanogen Mod 10.1 and Paranoid? I also found a site that reviewed several custom roms for the Galaxy S3, I would really like your guys opinions on the matter, I know about XDA but I have been a member here for a long time now and prefer you guys over anyone else, yay :P

oh and heres the site I found that had the other custom roms :)
    http://droidviews.com/2013/best-custom-roms-for-samsung-galaxy-s3-gt-i9300-2013-edition/

2. Haloman800

Haloman800 a real gril

Dec 18, 2009
    United States
    I love AOKP in terms of AOSP roms. But for my Note 2, I'm running Jelly Beans. I'd check that out if you like some Samsung features but with a faster ROM and more control.

3. Centrix
    OP

Aug 28, 2008
    United States
    Seattle,WA
    I'm thinking trying the cyanogen 10.1 first since theres allot of talk about it if I don't like I can always switch I guess right?

4. PityOnU

PityOnU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    United States
    No ROM is perfect, and for all the bloat they try to remove most of the major ROM producers add some back in.

The issue with Android is that the more "system" apps you have, the longer the device takes to boot. I'm assuming this means they are being preloaded into memory, or being run through some sort of JIT compiling algorithm, but I'm not certain.

Basically, if you want you device to have maximum performance and battery life, get a ROM that is as close to AOSP as possible, and then remove all of the "added feature" apps you don't/won't use from /system/app asap.

5. Centrix
    OP

Aug 28, 2008
    United States
    Seattle,WA
    Well as of right now I love cyanogen 10.1 it runs great very very smooth and efficient on battery life and I only had like 5 new apps after the instal and most weren't bloatware :) so cheers!

6. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    why not just clean rom?
    I see no reason for aosp roms since you lose screen real estate and you have physical buttons anyway

7. henrytemp

henrytemp Member

Newcomer
    May 20, 2013
    I use a stock rom, but then Sony roms are clean and efficient, unlike Sense, Touchwiz. Depends on the phone and your preference. If it is a SGS3 I recommend both CM 10.1 - (great support) and PAC MAN - (CM, Paranoid, AOKP - all features put together)