Hacking Whats the best RAM PAK device?

epicelite

Equal opportunity ass kicker.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EZ Flash 3 in 1 looks pretty nice, but before I go spending money on it what all is there, or would it be be better to just go down to a game store and get the DS browser and use that RAM pak?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The official browser RAM pak is probably the worst choice for a RAM expansion simply because it only has 8MB of RAM, and it doesn't do anything other than act as a RAM cart.

The 3-in-1 has 16MB of RAM, and it can also run GBA games and act as a (crappy) rumble pack. The eWin Expansion Pack and the M3 Real GBA expansion both have 32MB of RAM (and of course they can run GBA games as well).

lewjay

Trophies
XP
Country
Ewin 2in1 w/ Acekard 2 bliss loader works great. No need to patch anything, just plug it in and it works.

lewjay

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, it was truly a transparent operation. I just dropped in a clean rom of the ds browser and it worked.
biggrin.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tedmg09130913 said:
Does anyone know which ram expansion packs are best for overclocking? The one I bought doesn't seem to overclock at all.
I know the 3-in-1 can be overclocked (I tested mine with that slot 2 memory test homebrew). I'm not sure about any others. Which expansion do you have?

QUOTE(Rice923 @ May 29 2008, 06:30 PM) What is the upside of having more MB's of RAM?
None, if you only use the official browser. It's only designed to use 8MB, so that's all it uses, regardless of how much is available. Homebrew on the other hand can use the RAM for any purpose, and more is always better when it comes to memory.

Rice923

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
epicelite said:
So where can I get one of these 32MB of RAM carts for DS lite cheap?

You can order one of those M3 Real Ram cartridges from realhotstuff.com. I think it's around $20 if I remember correctly.

edit: nvm it's only $7 but it doesn't come with gba support. It's the gba expansion cartridge thats $22.

Rice923

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It shoould not make you sign, even if you use USPS.

The only time it does that is if you choose a specific USPS type in which you have to sign for (In order to stop theft)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Wut.