whats the best racing/snowboarding game?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by test84, Jul 27, 2007.

Jul 27, 2007
  1. test84
    OP

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    so far i tested, Asphalt 2 was better than others, asphalt1 & NFS (dono which one it was, it was one of early ones) and burnout, REALLY sucked.
    but this asphalt2 is SO easy, i cant believe how easy it is and crashes at random on my G6.

would you provide some more recommendations of this type? i know DS basically sucks at this type of games (fuck PSP) but atleast having something for sometimes ...

2. Redlobsterorisit

Newcomer Redlobsterorisit Newbie

United States
    If you want something similar to a snowboarding game try tony hawk's downhill jam.

3. silentreapr

Member silentreapr GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    For a "proper" car racing game then Asphalt or NFS: Carbon is probably the best. Otherwise Mario Kart takes the cake.

I don't know about snowboarding games though.

4. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    As far as snowboarding goes, I know of only one game -- SBK. It's pretty good for what it is. I'm not sure why the critics were so lukewarm toward it, but I enjoyed it well enough.

5. test84
    OP

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    i just meant that kind of racing game, which snowboarding is like.
    i'm more into car racing but it seems there is nothing better than nfs:carbon.

6. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    Ive posted about the DS racers so many times...

Let me start off with Asphalt Urban GT 2.. IT SUCKS
    first, it's only 30fps, so there goes the sense of speed, all you're left with is a sense of a choppy game, add the terrible physics, AI, collision, and you can't tell whats going on.
    I don't know why people praise this game, it's garbage.

It may surprise you to know, I like the first Asphalt on DS, it was one of the first games I bought.
    It's about the same as the sequel in regards to the physics, AI, and collision, but with the 60fps you can tell whats going on and it has a great sense of speed. Best arcade racer on DS.

I even bought both Need for Speed Underground 2 DS (terrible name) and Need for Speed Carbon.
    NFSU2DS is a pretty unforgiving game, tough, but realistic physics, tough AI.
    The game is challenging, half the courses you have to get absolutely perfect, as in never hit a wall, an oncoming car, and it pays to cause other cars to crash. It's an intense game and a lot of people wrote it off because it's hard, but it's good, they just suck at it.

Need for Speed Carbon is also pretty good, it's easier than Underground2, the physics are more arcadey, underground2 was borderline rally really..
    I would recommend both of them, underground2 is hard if you want a challenge, one of the only racers I've ever played when you feel like you're going too fast and you need to slow down.

then of course mariokart, but anyone will recommend that