Whats The Best Place To Buy Wii Freeloader From In The UK?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by need4speed, Mar 23, 2008.

1. need4speed
    OP

Member need4speed GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Hi there whats the best place to buy the wii freeloader from online In the UK? Thanks [​IMG]

2. Scha

Newcomer Scha Advanced Member

Norway
    I wouldnt buy it right now, seeing that nintendo just released a update that will make it not work as soon as the next wiimenu update is out. I would probably wait and see if a new version is released (but that might take a LONG time imo).

I dont know. If you plan on not updating your wii I guess its ok.

3. Bob Evil

Member Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

United Kingdom
    I would buy it now, as Datel offer to exchange any out-dated disc product for the newest latest version.

They have done it for years.

You simply post your out-dated disc, whether it be Action Replay, FreeLoader, or whatever, back to Datel, and they post you the newest version, free of charge.

All it costs you is the postage to get your disc to them ... they don't even charge you postage for the disc they send back out to you.

You can buy the disc for £9.99 from Code Junkies, or about the same price on eBay.

Scha, I have the latest update for my un-modded Wii, and it has not stopped my FreeLoader from working ... I wish people would check their facts before scare-mongering.

4. need4speed
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks alot I will place a order now online and one more quick question where can I Import wii games from online? Thanks again [​IMG]

5. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    you forgot to add that there is a £5 delivery charge when you order directly from codejunkies, hes best of getting it from play.com as it has free delivery or dvd.co.uk, but they are probably out of stock, you will have to check urself.

6. Bob Evil

United Kingdom

Yeah, it's actually £5.12 postage from Datel.

I got mine on eBay for £8.98, including postage ... it came the next day.

7. Bob Evil

United Kingdom
    Again, eBay is a good bet ... plenty of UK sellers who have stock on hand, if you want the games really quick ... some even bundle FreeLoader discs in with the game.

Also, a lot of private US sellers on eBay who will mark the games down as gifts on the customs stickers ... I got One Piece Unlimited Adventure ... brand new, sealed ... this week, from a geezer in San Jose, California ... for £16, and that was including postage ... he posted it Tuesday, and I received it yesterday morning.

8. xJonny

Member xJonny ...

9. need4speed
    OP

United Kingdom
  10. Bob Evil

United Kingdom
    Your linky doesn't work.

If you can stand to wait a few days, I have bought from this guy before ... his prices are good ... and he marks the customs stickers to say 'gift' [​IMG]

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/gamestorecs/

He sells the US version of Brawl, with the PAL version of FreeLoader for £29.98 ... and that includes postage ... he still has 3 bundles left, too.

11. need4speed
    OP

United Kingdom
    That was the shop I was talking about on ebay right I better order It quick then. Thanks [​IMG]

12. Bob Evil

United Kingdom
    No worries ... I'm gonna be Brawlin' online this week ... finally ... been working on my skills offline before I take it to the mat, so to speak ... so, once you are playing, send me your FC.

Oh, tip for when you get it ... Brawl with FreeLoader is fiddly at first.

Put in FreeLoader, wait for the lines, then eject.

Put FreeLoader back in, wait for the lines, then eject.

Put in Brawl, wait for the update logo to appear in the disc channel, then run the update.

When the console reboots, after the update, eject Brawl, and re-insert FreeLoader.

Wait for the lines, then eject.

Re-insert FreeLoader, wait for the lines, then eject.

Insert Brawl, wait for the Brawl logo in the disc channel, then go ahead and play.

You will, after playing once, only have to use FreeLoader once before inserting Brawl.

So, to re-cap ... double swap, update .. double swap, play ... then it's single swap every time you want to play, after that.