Hacking What's the best NDS flash card to get?

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
first of all,wrong forum,second,CycloDS is the best,maybe DSTT/TTDS is nice but not many features,M3 and Edge are good too,but the best is CycloDS(everyone should know that by now lol)

Edragon

Trophies
XP
Country
btw, most of the good flashcard can't hook up to ur PC...
rolleyes.gif

u need memory stick for that..

tigerx87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
for the price, i suggest R4.

it work perfectly on all the games i've tried so far. it is fairly basic tho, but if all you do is game then don't worry.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tigerx87 said:

it work perfectly on all the games i've tried so far. it is fairly basic tho, but if all you do is game then don't worry.
this is why you shouldnt have made the thread in the r4 section
tongue.gif

anyway on topic
as other have suggested cyclods
scds1 is also good

I cant suggest the dstt due to the tons of clones, killer firmware (well microsd corrupter), and a possible brickage with CT

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
tigerx87 said:

Hey OP, don't listen to this guy. He obviously doesn't know the flashkart market very well, and hasn't been really been keeping up with the news.

For the price, you can do MUCH BETTER than an R4. Besides, the real R4s have stopped in production, which means that there are no genuine R4s anymore, even if some store says "It's the genuine product!" They're all fakes.

You'll see things like R4 III, R4 Advanced, R4 SDHC, or anything BS like that, and they're all fakes. There's also a chance of a fake R4 damaging your DS from using these devices.(Remember when the N5 first came out. There were reports of blown fuses everywhere. They fixed it know, but it's needed to know.) Besides. The R4 doesn't even get updates anymore, since the team just gave up on it. There's 4 games I can just list right out of my head without thinking, that doesn't work on an R4. Sure, you may think a few games won't make a difference, but for the price they're being sold as, you can do FAR better.

I suggest getting an Acekard 2, or an EDGE. They're all very simple, and extremely cheap. They're still getting support, and there aren't any games that doesn't work on these two flashkarts (Maybe Chrono Trigger, but then again, same goes for the R4).

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tropicana said:
I suggest getting an Acekard 2, or an EDGE. They're all very simple, and extremely cheap. They're still getting support, and there aren't any games that doesn't work on these two flashkarts (Maybe Chrono Trigger, but then again, same goes for the R4).

AceKard has ChronoTrigger support with latest FW (and AKAIO too!)... that's the nice thing about having a card that is still alive
smile.gif

I loved my (genuine!!) R4 while it lasted, I'll find someone who wants it and sell it.

S

spectral

I have to agree with the others, avoid the R4. The only people that buy them now are people that don't know any better. The person that said it works with everything he has tried musn't have tried many new games. More and more games are not working on it and users are having to resort to hacks and patches for roms. If you want something fairly cheap and reliable go for Edge or if you can't get EDGE Acekard 2. If you want something more expensive but has more features aswell as a team that seems to take notice of users suggestions go for the Cyclo DS Evolution.

S

spectral

No you don't, most cart manufacturers release new firmware that fixes games. If you think FF:CC needs patching on any of the carts other than the R4 you're way behind the times. That game has been fixed for a very long time. Even Chrono trigger works fine on cards that have had recent updates such as the Cyclo DS. The R4 is no longer supported so you just have to hope someone will bring out a fix for the game and patch each game yourself.

tigerx87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
I have to agree with the others, avoid the R4. The only people that buy them now are people that don't know any better. The person that said it works with everything he has tried musn't have tried many new games. More and more games are not working on it and users are having to resort to hacks and patches for roms. If you want something fairly cheap and reliable go for Edge or if you can't get EDGE Acekard 2. If you want something more expensive but has more features aswell as a team that seems to take notice of users suggestions go for the Cyclo DS Evolution.

the latest ROM i have is 30xx (NFSUndercover, moto racer, 101in1 games, etc.), it work perfectly fine, and Chrono Trigger (J) work perfectly with my R4 without me have to "patch" anything, so i really don't know what you're talking about.

and yes i do know cyclo is a much better card, but it's more expensive and those "extra" feature aren't really important for someone that just play game.

p.s. as far as compatibility, the R4DS is perfect for me so far, i've played all my games on single card with my friend and it's fine...

and to the OP if you do get the R4, get YSmenu on it if you can for maximum compatibility

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you have the cash, Grab a Cyclo, Short on money Grab an EDGE or an AceKard 2 IMO.

I love my Cyclo, plus they have a great support team with frequent updates.

S

spectral

tigerx87 said:
QUOTE said:

the latest ROM i have is 30xx (NFSUndercover, moto racer, 101in1 games, etc.), it work perfectly fine, and Chrono Trigger (J) work perfectly with my R4 without me have to "patch" anything, so i really don't know what you're talking about.

and yes i do know cyclo is a much better card, but it's more expensive and those "extra" feature aren't really important for someone that just play game.

p.s. as far as compatibility, the R4DS is perfect for me so far, i've played all my games on single card with my friend and it's fine...

and to the OP if you do get the R4, get YSmenu on it if you can for maximum compatibility

Unless you're using a patch or the appropriate Cheat codes, CT will crash when you go through one of the time portals. It happened on all carts before they updated the firmware. How about the new star wars game? Tried that any further than the title screen? I didn't say all new games wont work but some definitely dont. I'm also not saying the R4 is a particularly bad cart but it does have problems the other newer carts dont have. Since the price is about the same why advise people to buy the cart with less features and lower compatibilty?

tigerx87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
right so as far as new card goes, ppl seems to be recommending these:

-AceKard
-CycloDS
-Edge

so which one is really the best bang for the buck?

domio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi im at the same point now.
at the mo i been useing a ds fire card which ive not really had any problems with but there is a few games that i cant play.
im thinkin of tryin edge but is it preloaded with software so all it is is a drag and drop then play ??
or do i have to load software onto it first ???
can someone help please

an sorry i no its more than likey in the wrong thread im just new to this site and jus gettin use to it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters