Hacking What's the best D's flashcart for the 3DS?

Awesomeslayerg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have luma and a9lh installed with emunand ver 11.0-33U, I'm wondering what's a good flashcart I can buy to play ds games on my 2DS on latest fw?

exdeath255

Trophies
Website
www.com
XP
Country
Canada
supercard ds two is what i use. any card will do fine if all you want is most ds games to work. some games ive tried dont work on the cheaper $10 ones while they do on scds2.

Dont bother with the + version as it might mess up your system possibly.

Last edited by exdeath255,

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSTWO may technically be the cream of the crop, but it comes with quite a premium price for the extra emulation features. Most people here, myself included, are quite happy with and recommend the R4i GOLD 3DS when it comes to running just NDS roms on a 3DS. This thing is cheap and runs every NDS rom you can throw at it on any 3DS with any firmware. You don't necessarily have to buy from the seller I linked, but that is the one you are looking for if seeking anything other than a DSTWO.

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
DSTWO may technically be the cream of the crop, but it comes with quite a premium price for the extra emulation features. Most people here, myself included, are quite happy with and recommend the R4i GOLD 3DS when it comes to running just NDS roms on a 3DS. This thing is cheap and runs every NDS rom you can throw at it on any 3DS with any firmware. You don't necessarily have to buy from the seller I linked, but that is the one you are looking for if seeking anything other than a DSTWO.
Thats right! And the extra emulation features of the DSTWO are irrelevant at this point on a 3DS. Plus DSTWO shells are really thin and fragile, the R4i Gold 3DS looks a bit more robust (i personally never saw one)

hirvimies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I ran through 999 with my R4i SDHC 3DS RTS. It was the cheapest I could find since it has no mentionable features except real time save (which I don't use anyway) but it did support CIA forwarders which is gold in my eyes. Seeing my DS-games as "bubbles" in the 3DS home menu makes it worth the small time it takes to install the forwarders.

exdeath255

Trophies
Website
www.com
XP
Country
Canada
You wont know which one you like till you get one. Thing i like about dstwo is that i can use it on dslite and with my ezf5 easily [keep in mind i dont have any other ones except the old r4 ones]
Thing i dont like is the bulge that it gives. This should more or less be a pros and cons not a bash thread.

Last edited by exdeath255,

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats right! And the extra emulation features of the DSTWO are irrelevant at this point on a 3DS. Plus DSTWO shells are really thin and fragile, the R4i Gold 3DS looks a bit more robust (i personally never saw one)
I think it has extra battery drain too, if I'm not mistaken. The plastic on the R4i is pretty decent, but it likes to fight going into my 3DS sometimes.

Last edited by Hking0036,

sieroi

Trophies
XP
Country
Another vote against the DSTWO here.

It's an impressive cart for the DS/DS Lite/DSi, but it's easily the worst possible solution on a 3DS- the bells and whistles aren't worth cutting your battery life in half.

Go with the R4i Gold 3DS.

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I think it has extra battery drain too, if I'm not mistaken. The plastic on the R4i is pretty decent, but it likes to fight going into my 3DS sometimes.
Yeah the R4i sounds similar to the Gateway Blue Card in terms of plastic n stuff and yes you need force it on the slot like it doesn't belong there.
I personally have a DSTWO for like 6 years or more, its a great card runs everything just fine but i hate the GUI, the shell keeps falling off and sometimes fails to boot.

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an r4I sdhc gold pro 2016 version. I'd recommend that one, is just as good as the other gold pro card, same price point. the one that says 2016 in the corner,, it's good, what I have

http://www.r4isdhc.com/2014-r4isdhc-gold-pro/
Those are on a timer, and their firmware is slow. I had one for a while and replaced it with the r4i gold and it's a lot better, it's worth spending the extra $10 on. You can swap the firmware on it with Ysmenu but that screwed up compatibility with Pokemon Black/White for me.

mike a

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those are on a timer, and their firmware is slow. I had one for a while and replaced it with the r4i gold and it's a lot better, it's worth spending the extra $10 on. You can swap the firmware on it with Ysmenu but that screwed up compatibility with Pokemon Black/White for me.

how much better?? I don't know, for me that card does what I want it to, I have emulators on it, don't know what you mean by slow firmware, sure it takes a few seconds to load after you put a bunch of new roms on it, but that's ok

Hamstermascot

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

You can use both firmwares. I personally used the 3.7b update for everything that doesn't work on it. It's still valid till the end of 2016 anyway.

mike a

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, im sure it would work even after 2016 lol, im sure Nintendo isn't going to put much more updates on 3ds anyway since the new console is coming out, and they don't care about nds hacking anymore. they will probly put out a few more patches on the gold pro even after 2016 if they have to

hisagishi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is minorly off topic but how are you guys getting DStwos working on a 3ds + luma? I've tried it and it isn't showing up. Then again neither is pokemon black but that might be a bad copy as I found it on the ground.

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how much better?? I don't know, for me that card does what I want it to, I have emulators on it, don't know what you mean by slow firmware, sure it takes a few seconds to load after you put a bunch of new roms on it, but that's ok
I mean the 5 seconds of loading time every time you scroll down 4 titles.

well, im sure it would work even after 2016 lol, im sure Nintendo isn't going to put much more updates on 3ds anyway since the new console is coming out, and they don't care about nds hacking anymore. they will probly put out a few more patches on the gold pro even after 2016 if they have to
the firmware on the card is set to brick the card after 1 year, so you buy another card. all the r4i-sdhcs do that. You can set your time back to fix it but it's better to me to just have a card that will work in the future.

mike a

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean the 5 seconds of loading time every time you scroll down 4 titles.

the firmware on the card is set to brick the card after 1 year, so you buy another card. all the r4i-sdhcs do that. You can set your time back to fix it but it's better to me to just have a card that will work in the future.

what man are you serious lol it was a bitch to get that card!!! so I have to set my timer back on the ds, can I do that AFTER the firmware bricks and fix the firmware somehow?? I don't know,, man that sucks kinda pisses me off man

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a picteof not updating just tell them don't update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...