What's the best card for the 3DS XL?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Donslaught, Nov 2, 2012.

Nov 2, 2012
  1. Donslaught
    OP

Newcomer Donslaught Newbie

United States
    Just bought a new XL yesterday and I'm looking to get a card for it, but there's so many I don't know which one is best. My firmware is 4.2.0-9U, should I upgrade it so I can get demos or would it interfere with something once I get the card? Thanks in advance.

2. zergslayer69

Member zergslayer69 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Super card ds two seems to be a popular choice, a little pricey but you get what you pay for.

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Vulpes Abnocto and porkiewpyne like this.
  4. herbal

Newcomer herbal Member

Please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that chart in that sticky a bit outdated? I mean according to that overview it would be perfectly fine to get for example an Acekard2i but it seems that this card is one of those, that aren't supported by the latest 3DS firmware update, right?

5. Latiken

Member Latiken GBATemp's Epic Fusion

United States
    What ever you do don't get an AK2i if you plan to use it on a 3DS. Reason because the 3DS made it dead. And it has contact issues.
    You're better off getting an R4i Gold or SuperCard DSTWO.

6. Chary

Reporter Chary GBAtemp's #1 Naoto

pip
    United States
    That Sticky is far outdated. I don't remember an AK2 update...

Go for the SuperCard DSTWO. Trusty, reliable updates, good compatibility, and worth the extra money. My experience was starting out with an R4 (15$ S/h), which did a lot, and was great, but when I got the SuperCard, it was worth the 40$.

7. GamerzHell9137

Member GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Get a R4iGold from r4ids.cn

8. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    I update it with public polls, and I held a poll to see if the AK2i should be removed, the result was not yes.

Lots of people would bitch if I removed it (people even bitched that I made the poll), since it technically works on every 3DS firmware except one... but seeing as the sticky is a purchase suggestion and the AK2i has proven itself incredibly slow with updates I'll go and edit the 3DS mark to partial and note that it's really slow in updating and often doesn't work with the latest 3DS firmware.

For the record, the poll attracted a lot of R4 shop/teams that made clone accounts to vote for/against the AK2i, so the results weren't measurable as real, and since we can't trust the shops I've held back on making another poll since they're paying enough attention to cheat now (the fuckers).

porkiewpyne likes this.