What's the best boot disc to use?

djricekcn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just started using my dreamcast again and was curious what is the best boot disc to use and will it still have some problems loading some games? Also, will that boot disc work as a CD-R (since I'm sure these boot discs are hard to find via retail now)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there some reason you are not going for the selfboot methods?
Sega Dreamcast Selfboot Tutorial by Echelon and Auto-Selfboot v2.00 by KingCobra (change the 54 to a 24).

Problems usually arise from people not burning discs properly or trying to overburn- I am not sure if you can even find 650 meg/74 minute discs these days.

You can probably ignore cdrwin though (it seems the warm feeling that name brought about was me about the hurl)- IMGBurn should take care of that.

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
djricekcn said:
I just started using my dreamcast again and was curious what is the best boot disc to use and will it still have some problems loading some games? Also, will that boot disc work as a CD-R (since I'm sure these boot discs are hard to find via retail now)
The Utopia boot disc will work as a burned copy, but like FAST6191 said you can patch games on your computer with selfboot before burning them, thus eliminating the need for a boot disc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: