1. Meegol

OP Meegol Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I modded a funnyplaying GBC and was kinda put off by how much I had to cut, I recently purchased a purple GBC from Japan that appears to be new, the buttons feel phenomenal, I want to find a good drop in kit that wont ruin the shell. I don't mind that its not IPS but full screen would be cool. There are just too many brands and versions for me to wrap my head around.

2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert

United States
    I have this one and works great with a EZ-Flash Jr

https://retrogamerepairshop.com/col...light-mod-gbc-game-boy?variant=29434716880970
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Xzi likes this.
  3. Meegol

OP Meegol Member
    Newcomer

United States
  4. Shadow#1

United States
    Idk I'm using energizer rechrables 2000mAh

5. Tane

Tane GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Sorry going a bit off-topic here. Hey @Shadow#1 - are those Energizer Rechargeables 1.2v each? I want to get some rechargeable AAs, but saw that the Energizers are 1.2v each. I think standard AAs are 1.5v - just curious how well they work for you. I plan to use these in a GBA Color w/ FunnyPlaying IPS LCD screen (no additional mods, just screen). Thanks much.

6. enarky

enarky owls?

Afghanistan
    Just get a replacement shell and cut that, these are available cheaply all over ebay and aliexpress. Cutting is easy if you know how to do it, just get a scalpel or something similar sharp, cut along the base of the part you want to remove and use pliers to break that part off. Described in this video - just watch the part where he removes the base part under the LCD, the rest of the video is obsolete if you don't want to install a Freckle Shack. Today I'd recommend the Q5 OSD types of LCDs - they require a bit more modding, but the image quality is obscenely good, especially with retro pixel mode.

I wouldn't bother with the smaller backlit displays anymore.

7. aadz93

aadz93 GBAtemp Official Psychonaut

Korea, North
    1.2v will work fine, just note that the battery indicator won't show a full charge, and slight less overall batt life, I use a 4.8v 2000mah NIMH pak for my dmg with ips

Or just use a single lifepo4 battery 3.2 v aa

Last edited by aadz93, Apr 14, 2021
  8. Ludan

Ludan Newbie
    Newcomer

Peru
    I got the 2.2 inch version that is drop and play, no cutting or soldering, I got it from "Cloud Game store" on Aliexpress (can´t post links sorry) is a bit smaller than the OG one but it comes with a resized glass lens, this model is not an IPS but it looks great and it doesn´t consume too much power.

9. Shadow#1

United States
    Yea it's the same I got backlit TFT

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - backlight, Whats,