Whats the best alternative to an R4?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by jweaver, Mar 5, 2008.

Mar 5, 2008
  1. jweaver
    OP

Newcomer jweaver Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I have had my R4 for many months and am really happy.. The ONLY thing I would like (but don't need) is SDHC support...

Recently, my friend asked me to get an R4 but they were out of stock everywhere, so in the end, I went for the cheaper "TopToy" from DealExtreme.. A few weeks later, the order arrived, but no TopToy and I have been waiting ever since.

I have decided now to cancel the order for the TopToy and buy something else.. DealExtreme sell the M3 and Supercard and I figured that I could give my friend MY R4 and take the opportunity to 'upgrade'...

So which is the current favourite Slot-1 card? Should I upgrade, or should I stick with my R4?

ANY feedback would be greatly apprecaited

All the best

Jon

2. - Wrath of God -

Member - Wrath of God - God

United States
    I don't own one, but the way I see it, a CycloDS is probably your best choice.

3. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    If only we had a board full of threads asking the exact same question that you could read instead of being completely clueless and making your own...

Oh wait.

4. matriculated

Member matriculated GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    CyclosDS if you have the money. Edge is the best bang for your buck.

5. jweaver
    OP

Newcomer jweaver Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks for your constructive comment!.. I already know that there are 'sub forums'.. But if I go into the M3 forum and ask "which is best" I am going to be told 'M3'.

I just figured that a quick question here, would give me something to investigate further.. And believe you me, I WILL investigate.. But I wanted somewhere to start!

6. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    You start by looking at the threads where we've already answered your very question over three million times.

[​IMG]

7. ChampionTWH

Newcomer ChampionTWH Member

United States
    LOL....owned

8. DaMummy

Member DaMummy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    theres no such thing as a good alternative to the r4, they dont make carts that crappy anymore, so basicially anything you buy these days will be better

9. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    What DaDummy said. As long as you get one of the new carts, they'll still do the job.

But CycloDS is my recommendation anyway.

10. DarkAura

Member DarkAura Offline

Canada
    Lol, owned. [​IMG] Just read all the threads he circled and there's more, and then maybe your question may be answered. And if you are going to ask, just pick out features that you like and then narrow it down. Like, "What's the best flashcart?' is too general.