What's the best .3ds/.cia banner tool?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by PF2M, Mar 10, 2016.

1. PF2M
    OP

PF2M Miiverse Hacker

Sep 8, 2015
    United States
    Ohio
    I tried BannerTool and all my CIAs came out with loud beeps as the noises.
    Then I tried 3DS Banner Maker (GUI and non-GUI) and banner.bin was replaced with a "Drunken Coders" banner.
    So what banner making tool will work the best?

(A fix for either of these programs would also be nice)

Edit: Another thing I noticed is that it's probably not just the software. I remember using Video Channels Creator, which uses BannerTool for its commands, and having the CIAs come out with the same error. Maybe it's something I don't have installed?

Last edited by PF2M, Mar 10, 2016
  2. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi
    I use my own script of 3DS Banner Maker (based on 3DS Banner Maker) for the icon just.
    For the banner, I use bannertool, I don't really see what's your problem.

If you use 3ds baner maker, make sur you have python 2.7 and pil installed

3. PF2M
    OP

PF2M Miiverse Hacker

Sep 8, 2015
    United States
    Ohio
    Is DEVKITPRO required? Because I don't have that. Every WAV or CWAV file turns into 10 loud beeps, which you can hear in the CIAs for my 'Miiverse Custom Image Tool' application.

I do have Python installed, and I'm pretty sure I installed pil for one of these apps. But that doesn't seem to do much.

Last edited by PF2M, Mar 10, 2016
  4. LarBob

LarBob GBAtemp Fan

Dec 29, 2013
    United States
    The max length for the wav is 3 seconds. If you're doing anything with cias or development, I would recommend properly setting up devkitPRO/ARM as well.

PF2M likes this.