Hacking whats the best 16gb sdhc card?

naveedy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whats the best 16gb sdhc card? the prices are good but they all seem to be class 2...

Does anyone know where to get class 4 or 6 16gb micro sdhc

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
naveedy said:
whats the best 16gb sdhc card? the prices are good but they all seem to be class 2...

Does anyone know where to get class 4 or 6 16gb micro sdhc

DealExtreme has the 4GB Kingston SDHC class4 at about $8.00 I believe. I don't know about a 16GB but I think they also have the 8GB & 16GB ones too. Thanks!
yaynds.gif

villadelfia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Short answer: class 6 doesn't exist above 4 GB in microSD cards (it does in regular SD cards)

Long answer: class 6 doesn't exist above 4 GB in microSD cards (it does in regular SD cards), HOWEVER, there is exactly ONE game that does not work correctly with class 2 cards: Castlevania PoR.

I have a 16 GB class 2 card, and filling it up entirely took me 15 minutes.

also please note that the class means the WRITE speed, READ speed is really not related, for that only the company that makes them matter. PNY cards are the best when it comes to read speed with kingston a close second.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
villadelfia said:
Short answer: class 6 doesn't exist above 4 GB in microSD cards (it does in regular SD cards)

Long answer: class 6 doesn't exist above 4 GB in microSD cards (it does in regular SD cards), HOWEVER, there is exactly ONE game that does not work correctly with class 2 cards: Castlevania PoR.

I have a 16 GB class 2 card, and filling it up entirely took me 15 minutes.

also please note that the class means the WRITE speed, READ speed is really not related, for that only the company that makes them matter. PNY cards are the best when it comes to read speed with kingston a close second.

You mean 8 Gigabyte SDHC cards? I have a class 6, 8 gigabyte Transcend which comes with a lifetime warranty for like 18$ and it works very well on my DS. No slow downs or problems with games.

villadelfia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Oh, ok... anyway, last time _I_ checked it was 4 GB.

But again, the class only guarantees the write speed, which matters jack shit to the DS. Only read speed counts. Read speed tends to be quite uniform across different cards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou